Becoming a well-known advisor is simple and easy.
As long as you take the right steps to get there.
Sometimes, it means doing the little things in your community to get your name out.
Here are nine steps to increase your leads.
1. Write helpful, informative blogs.
2. Submit articles to local publications, magazines and newspapers.
Please note you may have to pay for your work to be published until editors see it is worthwhile and educational; not a sales pitch.
3. Be at every community event and volunteer your time (i.e., Relay for Life, Alzheimer’s Association walks, etc.).
Lending a helping hand is free, always needed and greatly appreciated.
4. Host your own radio show or ask the expert program and address valuable hot topics.
Again, you may have to pay for your program to be aired in the beginning.
5. Advertise your picture and agency on place mats and menus.
I have found this is the best use of marketing dollars depending on prices and geographic location.
6. Give away your own, or someone else’s, informative booklets for free.
Be sure to include a personal touch or cover letter with each one. If you want to give a more valuable free gift, write a foreword or testimonial for a book and then give away the book with it.
7. Compile a list of all of the television, radio, email and publications in your area.
Then, write a press release for everything you do with your business, and send it to them to spark attention.
8.Work with someone to develop a paid media campaign to get you on FOX, ABC, NBC, etc.
9. Always be respectful and kind to everyone you encounter while serving them unceasingly.