Never underestimate the power of LinkedIn. In a recent survey, 70 percent of respondents listed LinkedIn as the social-media platform they are most likely to consult in their search for financial services. LinkedIn is continually adding new features attractive to both clients and advisors, making it a powerhouse marketing tool.
Here are 3 more tips for using LinkedIn to grow your business:
1. Test out targeted ads. Just as with Facebook, the LinkedIn ad platform can offer you a highly targeted way to get in front of prospects. Precision targeting makes it easy. Consider all forms of ad format: text, video and text with images. LinkedIn allows you to hone your message according to:
- Job title and function
- Industry and company size
- Geographical location
2. Adjust your personal settings. Because you will be using LinkedIn to prospect, make sure your settings are such that people can easily connect with you. You can find the Settings tab under your name. Scroll down to manage your feed accessibility, visibility and activity broadcasts.
3. Leverage LinkedIn features. As previously noted, LinkedIn is constantly rolling out features. Here are a few of our favorites:
- LinkedIn Publisher. Publish your content directly to your LinkedIn profile page and position yourself as an industry expert. Not only will it show up in your connections’ news feeds, it will also notify them of your article.
- “Who Viewed Your Profile” section. Find out what keywords people are using, find out where they are located and if they are a good prospects. If so, send them an InMail.
- “How You’re Connected” tool. This tool allows you to strategically grow your connections by showing you how you’re connected. Study this information before reaching out to a new connection.
- Showcase pages. If you have multiple brand messages, you’ll love Showcase pages. They give you an opportunity to segment your content for specific audiences.
- Company page analytics. Measure your efforts and figure out what works and what doesn’t. The analytics page can also help you identify your most active followers so you can target others like them.
There are many ways to use LinkedIn to grow your business and new features mean new ways to connect with prospects. Make sure you’re making the most of this platform in your lead-generation efforts.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips: