Video is an incredibly powerful marketing tool. But in order for it to work, you have to get people to watch and like what they see. Here are 10 quick tips to get people to click on your videos:
- Create good, interesting content. This is easier said than done. What would people in your target market like to find out about you? Ask clients and centers of influence for their feedback on the content they would find valuable.
- Get professional help. If you have not yet shot your video, record it in a professional studio with a green screen, proper lighting and a teleprompter. Make sure you give yourself the best chance to look great.
- Be prepared. Have your script properly edited and approved (by compliance, if necessary) before sitting down to record. And make sure you practice, practice, practice.
- Pick a good title. Title the video so people know what they will be watching. Give them a reason to want to view it. Also, give your video a full description to clearly explain the subject matter.
- Hit the thumbnail on the head. Make sure the thumbnail picture associated with your video looks like something they’d want to watch. Thumbnails are sometimes not-so-attractive, in-motion, eyes-closed screen grabs.
- List the running time. YouTube will automatically do this for you. Less than three minutes is an acceptable length. Any longer and a potential viewer has to really want to find out about you.
- Tag your video. Use as many keywords in YouTube as possible. These tags will help people find your videos.
- Spread the news. After uploading your video to Vimeo, YouTube or your website, share a link on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. Let your network know it’s there.
- Send out an email. Mail a newsletter with a link to your video. Sharing your new videos with your connections is a great way to deliver the valuable content you have created.
- Use your video as a referral tool. Tell advocates and referral sources about your video so they can share a link to it. Make it easier than ever for them to introduce you to a new prospect.
The key to video success is having valuable content, sharing it with potentially interested people and getting them to view and share it. Video is definitely a great way to get “face to face” with clients and prospects and show them just how great you really are.