Won an award or other recognition of your talent? Congratulations! Now that you’ve had a chance to celebrate, it’s time to capitalize on your success and use it to promote your business. Winning an award enables you to stand apart from your competitors, position your company as tops in your field, instill pride in your staff, spotlight your staff’s capabilities and achievements, remind clients and prospects of your commitment to excellence and generate positive media coverage.
Here are 13 ways to make the most of your honor:
- Share the news with your team. As your top brand ambassadors (and the people whose contributions helped you win your award), your team should be the first to hear about any honor you receive. If possible, tell them in person. And be sure to host a celebration for your staff.
- Tell clients and prospects. If you’ve won a national award or a prominent honor in your industry, call your top clients to tell them personally and to thank them for their support. Send an email alert or feature the news in your company’s e-newsletter.
- Tell the media. Send out a news release to everyone on your media list. If you’ve won a particularly noteworthy national or international award, consider informing an official news outlet.
- Post it to your website. Any type of award warrants homepage real estate on your website. Consider adding awards to website headers and footers. Create an awards page in your “About” section or add awards to a “Credentials” page. Post pictures/video of staff accepting or celebrating the honor.
- Share the news on social media. Get the word out as soon as possible via your social-media channels. Link back to your website or the site of the awards sponsor for details of the award.
- Add awards to all sales materials. Many competitions provide an awards logo for use in marketing. Some programs may require a licensing fee, but others will let you use the art free of charge. Add awards logos to your sales materials, tradeshow booth and promotional premiums.
- Create a video. An award is a great opportunity to take advantage of video. Film the awards ceremony, your staff celebration or your CEO offering congratulations. Include interviews with staff members or clients. Then, post the video to YouTube, your website and your social-media channels.
- Develop signage for your building. Create banners or permanent signage touting the award on the exterior of your facility.
- Add graphics to your vehicles. Wrap your company vehicles with custom graphics and include the award artwork.
- Update your stationery. Some awards may be appropriate for inclusion on business cards and letterhead, especially if it qualifies as a professional credential.
- Display the award at your place of business. Place an award statuette or framed certificate in a high-traffic area.
- Blog about your honor. Tell followers the story behind your award in a blog post — what you won, how you won it and why it’s meaningful to you.
- Consider paying for visibility. If there’s an awards ceremony and you’re offered the chance to buy a table or an ad in a program book or business publication, give it serious consideration. It could significantly increase your company’s visibility with prospects, clients and influencers.
It takes time, effort and money to enter awards competitions, but the investment can be well worth it if you win — and know how to capitalize on your success.