Close Close

Life Health > Running Your Business

What's next after the same-sex marriage rulings?

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

The decision to strike down the Defense of Marriage Act was still being read when CPAs starting getting calls from same-sex couples in states that recognize their union. They want to know if they should file an amended tax return. The answer is, as it most always is for complicated issues, “it depends.”