If you’re looking to extend your market reach, writing and publishing articles on your website can really increase your e-marketability. This valuable marketing tool may be just what you need to round out your marketing efforts.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Topic. Your topic should be timely, relevant and educational. Focus on keywords of interest to your audience, then optimize your long-tail keywords for the search engines.
- Title. Make your title concise, content-specific and germane to your targeted readers. It’s beneficial to choose a title that is both pithy and keyword-rich.
- Long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords can extend your marketing reach, but your article must nonetheless look and sound professional. Use keywords as part of your natural writing style and avoid keyword stuffing.
- Anchor text and web links. Anchor text—the visible, clickable text within a hyperlink—directs readers to additional, external content. For example, if your article were about insurance agency leads, your anchor text might direct someone to a site about insurance agency lead generation, insurance agency marketing or insurance agency prospecting. Never use anchor text or links to guide readers to a non-relevant site.
- Value proposition and messaging. Demonstrate your subject matter expertise and provide original content, guidance, suggestions and insights. How will your content benefit readers? Make your article about them while also optimizing it for SEO purposes.
Your agency profile and target market should inform your content. But just because you sell insurance, doesn’t mean you must write about insurance. Instead, explore other topics of interest to your target market. Once the writing is done, make use of a quality article-directory site so you and your content can be found.