Take this quick eight-question assessment to predict your success in 2013 (and find areas in which to improve):
1. Do you have an up-to-date website with at least one call to action to get people to interact, sign up for an email newsletter, request valuable information, download a whitepaper, register for a seminar or interact in another way?
5 points for one or more calls to action.___
5 additional points for each call to action already generating qualified leads.___
2. Do you have video on your website?
If yes, 5 points.___
3. Do you have a marketing activity that will generate a minimum of five new qualified prospects each month (seminars, mailings, email campaigns, networking events, strategic alliance referrals, client referrals, etc.)?
If yes, 5 points for each activity/strategy that has been proven to or will likely produce qualified prospects: ___
4. Do you have a list of more than 500 prospects (those who are prospective clients only) for mail and/or email marketing purposes?
If yes, 5 points, plus 5 points for each additional 500 prospects on your list:___
5. How often do you contact your list of prospective clients?
10 points for monthly contact via email, mail or phone:___
6. How many prospects do you have on your “hotlist” (those you feel have a high likelihood of doing business with you this year)?
1 point for each prospect:___
7. How many referral clients did you gain in 2012?
1 point for each referral-turned-client:___
8. How many referrals have you already received this year?
10 points for each referral.___
How did you do? Here’s the scoring key:
- Top producer. Score of 80 to 100+ points. Congratulations, you will likely have a great year.
- Marketing up-and-comer. Score of 50 to 79 points. You are building a strong pipeline.
- Just getting started. Score of 30 to 49 points. You are on the right track, but to acquire new business, you may need to pay more attention to marketing.
- Opportunity alert. Score of 0-29 points. You have all sorts of potential to better use marketing to generate new business.
Good luck and good marketing in 2013!
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
Maribeth Kuzmeski is the founder of Red Zone Marketing, LLC, which consults to Fortune 500 firms on strategic marketing planning and business growth. For more information, go to www.redzonemarketing.com.