The Board elected eight new members to three-year terms:
- Will H. Fuller, president and chief executive officer, Lincoln Financial Distributors
- Scott W. Ham. president and chief executive officer, Transamerica Life & Protection, a division of AEGON Americas
- Donna H. Kinnaird, chief operating officer and senior executive vice president, Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated
- Robert F. O’Donnell, president, Prudential Annuities
- Scott R. Perry, chief business officer, CNO Financial Group, Inc. and president, Bankers Life and Casualty
- David W. Simbro, FSA, MBA, CLTC, senior vice president and executive officer of the Life and Annuity Product Department, Northwestern Mutual.
- Fernando J. Sina, vice chairman, Compania de Seguros Corpvida S.A., Santiago, Chile
- Deanna Strable, FSA, senior vice president, U.S. Insurance Solutions, The Principal Financial Group
In other industry news:
Imeriti, Inc. changed the name of the company to Imeriti Financial Network (IFN). The field marketing organization also appointed new executive positions. Nathan Zuidema has been appointed president/chief operating officer, Ed Prewitt has been appointed president of Annuity Distribution and Brian Schneier has been appointed president of Life Insurance Distribution. All executive appointments will become effective immediately.
Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life) named Patrick Christiansen as vice president of IT Business Engagement in the Technology division. In this role, Christiansen will be responsible for managing the relationships of business partners within Allianz Life, as well as Allianz SE Group IT and its North American subsidiaries. He will partner with the business units to maintain strategies, help shape the technological change agenda and the architectural solutions supporting them. Christiansen will lead teams responsible for relationship management, enterprise architecture and strategies, technology portfolio management, in addition to IT marketing and communication. He will report to the Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Jeff Palm.
Christiansen has more than 20 years of technology leadership experience. For the past 10 years he served as co-founder and managing principal with Arctec Group, LLC in Minneapolis, a technology architecture and management consulting company. Christiansen provided IT planning, enterprise architecture, systems evaluation and technical leadership consulting services to many companies including Allianz Life. As a consultant to Allianz Life, he has collaborated with business and IT leadership to govern architectural direction for significant initiatives, and has also provided consulting services to Allianz SE Group IT, Allianz Income Management Services and Allianz of America (including Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company). In addition, his previous clients included various financial services, health care insurance, and manufacturing companies in the Midwest and Northeast regions.
Prior to his role with Arctec Group, he was chief technology officer for HealthNexis, LLC, in St. Louis Park, Minn., and previously held technology roles with Express Scripts and Target Stores in Minneapolis, and Burlington Northern Railroad in St. Paul.
Christiansen holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Systems from DeVry Institute of Technology in Phoenix.
The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company presented Maureen Crosby of Marlton, N.J., with the first-ever Penn Mutual Award, the highest honor a Penn Mutual home office associate can receive. The award is given to an associate who is nominated by another associate for consistently exemplifying the company’s values.