As a financial advisor, you’re likely to face the day when you need to plan an event. Whether it’s a wine tasting, a holiday party, a financial seminar or a book launch party, here are six more effective avenues for promoting your next event.
1. Registration incentives. Unsure how to get people to register? You may consider offering an incentive, such as a drawing, giveaway or raffle for those who sign up for your event. Also remember to mention open bars, refreshments and hors d’oeuvres, as food and drink always motivate people to attend.
2. Invitations. When it comes to invitations, you should make use of several media simultaneously (evites, mail invites and social media invites, for example). Be sure you have an RSVP feature and adequate details on your invitations. (Eventbrite and Constant Contact are two top event planning platforms worth checking out.
3. Press release. If you have a media list, create and send a press release before and after the event. If you don’t have a media list, you can look into companies such as PR Newswire for distribution assistance.
4. Free event calendars. Believe it or not, there are a lot of free event calendars where you can post your events. There may be local news stations, radio stations and publications where you can submit information about your event for free. This is great for reaching a wider audience.
5. Your email signature. This is a small but effective way of marketing your event. Just think: How many emails do you send per day? Link to your event page so people can acquire more information.
6. Video. As you may already know, people love video. Create a video talking about your event or interviewing one of your speakers. Again, this is a brilliant but simple way to get people excited about your event.
No question, event planning can be challenging, but social media and other online marketing tools have made this process a whole lot easier.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips: