Aflac launched Aflac Vision Now, which will offer enhanced benefits with increased benefit payments for regular eye examinations and vision correction procedures with no increase in premium.
“While most vision care plans are limited to eye exams and vision correction materials, Aflac’s Vision Now product offers true vision insurance, paying benefits for eye diseases or disorders, eye surgeries and even permanent visual impairment,” said John Harmeling, senior vice president of Worksite Marketing at Aflac.
Vision Now offers coverage for serious eye conditions, including:
- Permanent Visual Impairment Benefit: $750–$10,000 for visual impairment.
- Eye Surgeries Benefit: $50–$1,500 for miscellaneous eye surgeries.
- Specific Eye Diseases and Disorders Benefit: $1,000 for specific eye diseases and disorders.
The Vision Correction Benefit has three different options, including:
- $80 for prescribed vision correction materials (such as prescription glasses or contacts) or $130 for refractive error corrections surgery (such as RK, LASIK, etc.). There is no waiting period and the benefit is payable once per covered person, per policy year.
- $175 for prescribed vision correction materials or $295 for refractive error corrections surgery. There is a 12-month waiting period and the benefit is payable once per covered person during each successive 24-month period.
- $270 for prescribed vision correction materials or $480 for refractive error corrections surgery. There is a 24-month waiting period and the benefit is payable once per covered person during each successive 36-month period.
In other industry news:
Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE:LNC) introduced Lincoln VisionConnect, a fully insured vision plan for employer benefit packages.
Available in combination with Lincoln’s other group benefit products, Lincoln VisionConnect covers glasses and contacts to routine and preventive care.
- A national network of more than 35,000 providers, with in- and out-of-network benefits;
- Annual exams in full, after any applicable copay for in-network providers;
- Discounts for laser vision correction procedures.
After the copay has been made, participants are covered in-full for contact lens fitting and evaluation, two follow-up visits to the vision care provider and up to four boxes of select contact lenses. If participants select lenses outside the specified brands, members receive an allowance toward fitting/evaluation fees and their contact lens purchase. Members can also take advantage of additional discounts through an online ordering program.
For the second year in a row, Lincoln Financial Group, Eagles Youth Partnership and the United Way partnered to provide vision screenings for students across the School District of Philadelphia. Volunteers from Lincoln Financial’s Philadelphia area offices and the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey visited 13 elementary schools as an extension of the Eagles Eye Mobile Program.
The Eagles Eye Mobile team and their optometrist have trained Lincoln’s volunteers and offer onsite supervision in each school. Beginning with kindergarteners, volunteers screen as many students as possible throughout the day. School nurses then examine any students who did not receive a screening. Beginning in November and continuing throughout the school year, the Eagles Eye Mobile team will provide full exams and glasses to students who failed the screenings.