The Boomer demographic, with 76 million strong, is the most powerful and influential group of consumers out there and certain advisors are finding good fortune connecting with them. I recently canvassed successful advisors to find out how they’re making the connection. Here are five of the most interesting responses we came across. If you are finding success with Boomers, take our Boomer Survey or send me an email at email@example.com.
- I have compiled some stats on this group to find out what their main concerns are. Because I specialize in the income planning realm, they seem to be finally getting that there ARE things they can do to protect their income when they retire. Also, because most in this group want the bottom line numbers now, it is very easy to show them (using base line guarantees) what their income will be at age 59 1/2, 65, etc. – Travis A. Morrow
- I work mostly with the African American Baby Boomer market and it has been exciting. There are over 9 million African American Boomers that expect to retire in the next twenty years and I have cultivated and established ironclad relationships with them prior to retirement. My free community financial educational seminars/workshops have been instrumental in attaining many Boomer clients. – James R. Veal
- They have not been able to save for retirement and are having to work longer. I have been able to help them move out of their 401k into an IRA with a Fixed Index Annuity to give them an upfront bonus to get back some of their losses and never lose anything going forward. – Jim Cadle
- Boomers need instant gratification and guarantees. They’ve made too many decisions based on promises. We let them know they can still have a successful retirement no matter where they are with their finances. Many have lost everything but their IRAs and 401Ks. Put plans in place that guarantees money. – Judi Snyder
- This generation is very savvy when it comes to the internet and most of them have done their homework before they ever step into my office. Most know what they want yet they have a few questions and just need guidance with enrollment. Once they learn that we are going to be there long after the sale, they are excited to have an advocate as they enter this confusing world of Medicare. – Jacie Caballero