We’ve all heard the business credo that “cash is king.” But when it comes to websites “content is king,” which should really be “unique content is king.” It is imperative that your website have original content and its own unique look and feel. Your website should convey your unique value proposition, your agency theme and the special attributes of your products, services and solutions.
The Top 10 website elements to review when designing (or redesigning) your website:
- Header, logo and value proposition
- Navigation (keep it simple)
- Page title, meta description, keywords (for SEO)
- Unique design
- Graphics-versus-text balance
- Color and theme
- Content (text, graphics, video, blog)
- Download speed
- Quality inbound and outbound links
- Call to action
Successful websites will do all or most of these. But what should you avoid doing in designing your website?