Financial planners must employ a tremendous amount of discipline and time to update their knowledge base so that they can provide their clients with the best service possible. So much discipline, in fact, that they can fall into a regimented routine of creating financial plans and growing their clients’ assets while forgetting to have the conversation that can help them protect their assets through life insurance.
Sometimes all that is required is the correct language to get the conversation started and begin the process of protecting their clients’ assets. To this end, I would like to offer some examples of ways that you can get the conversation started with your clients:
- “I want to acknowledge you as being someone who is committed to working with a financial advisor, seeing the value in having a financial plan, growing your assets, protecting your assets and leaving a legacy.
- “I work with clients who are committed to working with a financial advisor, seeing the value in having a financial plan, growing your assets, protecting your assets and leaving a legacy.
- “While we have invested our time and energy in having a financial plan and growing your assets, I feel that we could be doing a far better job with protecting your assets and leaving a legacy.
- “May I have your permission to have a deeper discussion about protecting your assets and leaving a legacy?”
Any one of these conversation starters can help launch a discussion about life insurance that will offer benefits to both you and your clients.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
- Your morning success ritual
- 3 steps to cloning your best clients
- Sales results suffering? Ask yourself these five questions
Simon Reilly of Leading Advisor Inc. is a financial advisor coach, speaker and writer. Simon writes a daily blog and can be reached at www.leadingadvisor.com/blog.