Increase your sales by:
- Improving your prospecting efforts. Many salespeople don’t prospect as effectively or frequently as they could. If you want to grow your sales, you need to target your prospecting efforts and dedicate a significant portion of your weekly schedule to prospecting. Prospecting every day will help you make more sales faster than almost anything else.
- Improving your approach. This means you need to deliver a more effective opening when you contact a prospect via email or telephone. Most salespeople open the initial sales conversation by saying something like, “Hi, Mr. Prospect, my name is Bob Smith from We Make Everything promotional goods. We offer a wide range of products that can be used as incentives and I’d like to meet with you to discuss your needs.” This approach is tired, out-dated and ineffective at securing appointments and getting more sales. If you want to grow your sales you need to create a better opening.
- Asking tough, penetrating questions. Most salespeople ask weak, feeble sales questions, which prevent them from increasing their sales. High-value questions help you fully determine a prospect’s situation, decision-making process and other influencing factors.
There you have it. Powerful strategies that will help you improve your sales pitch, grow your sales, increase your business and make more money.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
- 3 more lead generation mistakes to avoid
- Advisors: Skype your way to success
- Create a social media policy for employees
Kelley Robertson helps sales professionals master their sales conversations so they can win more business at higher profits. Get a free copy of “100 Ways to Increase Your Sales” and “Sales Blunders That Cost You Money” at http://www.Fearless-Selling.ca.