Here are seven more a-ha moments I’ve had since I started in sales more than 15 years ago that have helped me and that will hopefully help you face your sales challenges.
- Questions make the difference but it can be challenging to ask tough, penetrating questions.
- A slump is only temporary if you are willing to take action to break out of it.
- Most people will not react as negatively as you think they will.
- You have to believe in the product or service that you sell if you want to achieve long-term success.
- It’s okay to screw up a cold call and call that prospect back in a week because it’s doubtful he will remember you.
- People will tell you anything you want (and need) to know if you have the courage to ask.
- It’s okay to walk away from a deal if it doesn’t make good business sense.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!
- Find your way around objections with ‘feel, felt, found’
- 7 ‘a-ha!’ moments in sales that can help advisors
- Advisor success tip: Speed kills
Kelley Robertson helps sales professionals master their sales conversations so they can win more business at higher profits. Get a free copy of “100 Ways to Increase Your Sales” and “Sales Blunders That Cost You Money” at http://www.Fearless-Selling.ca. Kelley speaks at conferences, sales meetings and association events. For information on his programs contact Kelley at 905-633-7750 or Kelley@RobertsonTrainingGroup.com.