National Life Group has named Mary Lee to succeed Michele Gatto as vice president and chief people officer.
Lee previously was human resources executive, according to National Life, Montpelier, Vt.
Lee has a bachelor’s degree from Trinity College and a master’s degree in business from St. Michael’s College.
In other personnel news,
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired John Fleurant to be senior vice president, finance and controller. He will be replacing John Cullen, who is retiring after 40 years with the company.
Fleurant previously was controller at Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J. (NYSE:PRU).
Fleurant has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Widener University.
- Nationwide Financial Services Inc., Columbus, Ohio, has hired Eric Stevenson to succeed Cain Hayes as senior vice president and chief sales officer at its public-sector retirement plans subsidiary, Nationwide Retirement Solutions.
Stevenson previously was vice president of marketing for the retirement plans business at Nationwide.
Stevenson has a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Oklahoma and master’s degree in business from Northwestern University.
- Standard Insurance Company, Portland, Ore., a unit of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. (NYSE:SFG), has hired Mike Dunst to be assistant vice president of absence management.
Dunst previously was a leader in absence management operations at Hewitt Associates Inc., Lincolnshire, Ill. (NYSE:HEW).
Dunst has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Villanova University and a master’s degree in finance from St. Joseph’s University.
- Aetna Inc., Hartford (NYSE:AET), has promoted Michael Mathias to be vice president and chief information officer.
Mathias previously was chief technology officer at Aetna.
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips L.L.P., Washington, has named Stephanie Kanwit a counsel in the health care practice group.
Kanwit previously was special counsel to America’s Health Insurance Plans, Washington.
Kanwit has a bachelor’s degree from Bryn Mawr College and a law degree from Columbia University.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Michael Fennessy to be regional sales director for Los Angeles.
Fennessy previously worked at Transamerica Retirement Services, Los Angeles.
Great-West also has hired Julie Costello to be third party administration relationship manager for the west region.
Costello previously was an investment associate at a payroll and human resources outsourcing firm.
- W&S Financial Group Distributors Inc., Cincinnati, a unit of Western & Southern Financial Group, has named 3 regional vice presidents for multi-state territories.
Jason Pyles will be senior regional vice president of financial institutions for Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee.
Scott Reenan will be regional vice president of financial institutions for Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Arizona, and Oklahoma.
Nathan Hughes will be regional vice president of financial institutions for Michigan and Indiana.
- General Re- New England Asset Management Inc., Farmington, Conn., has hired Patrick Sculty to be a client strategist.
Sculty previously was a consultant at Wells Canning & Associates, New York.
Sculty has a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Colorado and a master’s degree from Babson College. He holders the Certified Financial Analyst professional designation.
- Extended Health Inc., Dallas, has hired John Andrews to be southwest regional vice president. He will lead the company’s sales and business development in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona.
Andrews previously was a sales associate at Hewitt Associates Inc., Lincolnshire, Ill. (NYSE:HEW).
- Ashley Scudder