Transamerica Retirement Services has named Daniel Long to succeed John Crane as a division vice president in the Chicago office.
Crane is now a senior vice president and national sales director in the office, according to Transamerica Retirement, Los Angeles, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands (NYSE:AEG).
Long previously was national director of sales, human capital services, at RSM McGladrey Inc., Bloomington, Minn.
Long has a bachelor’s degree in business management from Cornell University and a master’s degree in business administration from Northwestern University. He holds the Qualified Plan Financial Consultant professional designation.
In other personnel news:
- CNO Financial Group, Inc., Carmel, Ind., has hired James Sawaya to be vice president of claims.
Sawaya previously was senior vice president of claims, client services, sales and customer service at HealthEOS, DePere, Wis.
Sawaya has a bachelor’s degree in business from Westminster College.
In related news, a CNO subsidiary, Bankers Life and Casualty Company, Chicago, has hired Christopher Campbell to be vice president of strategic marketing and business development.
Campbell has a bachelor’s degree in government from Dartmouth College and a master’s degree in management from Northwestern University
- Nationwide Financial Services Inc., a unit of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio, has hired Carlo Cordasco to be an income planning specialist in the Northeast region.
Cordasco previously was regional director of the northeast/mid-Atlantic region at RS Investments, San Francisco.
Cordasco has a bachelor’s degree in business administration and finance from Charter Oak State College.
- Philadelphia Financial, Philadelphia, has hired Ken Kilbane to be executive vice president of strategic initiatives.
Kilbane previously was president at Transamerica’s international life operations
Kilbane has a bachelor’s degree in finance from California State University.
- AlphaStaff Group Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Fla., a professional employer organization, has hired Jason Morgan to be executive vice president of strategy and product innovation.
Morgan previously was managing partner of FishLadder, Lakewood, Fla., a payroll, human resources and insurance firm.
Morgan has a master’s degree in business administration from Southern Illinois University.
- Korn/Ferry International, New York, a recruiting firm, has hired Tom Rowe to be senior client partner and head of the North American insurance practice.
Rowe previously was an insurance industry recruiter at Heidrick & Struggles International Inc., Chicago.
Rowe has a bachelor’s degree from Lehigh University.
- DMW Direct, Wayne, Pa., a direct-response advertising and marketing agency, has hired Christina Clausen to be human resources administrator.
Clausen previously was a human resources generalist with Direct Group Inc., Pennington, N.J.
- Ashley Scudder