Charney, who was senior vice president and chief marketing officer at Aflac, Columbus, Ga. (NYSE:AFL), is leaving to become the chief marketing officer at another company.
Zuna has been a vice president of marketing at Aflac.
Zuna has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the U.S. Naval Academy. He served in the Navy for 10 years.
In other personnel news:
- Aetna Inc., Hartford (NYSE:AET), has promoted Thomas Cowhey to leader of Aetna investor relations.
Cowhey succeeds Kim Keck, who is now head of Aetna’s middle markets business organization.
Cowhey previously was managing director of new business development in the company’s corporate development area.
Cowhey has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Wesleyan University and a master’s degree in business with a concentration in health sector management from Duke University.
- Lincoln National Corp., Radnor, Pa. (NYSE:LNC), says its group protection segment has hired Dave Cirulis to be head of voluntary marketplace strategy for distribution.
Cirulis previously was the vice president of sales and marketing at Trustmark Voluntary Benefit Solutions, a unit of Trustmark Mutual Holding Company, Lake Forest Ill.
Cirulis has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
- Nationwide Financial Services Inc., a unit of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio, has named Jamie Spenthoff and Tony Daniel regional vice presidents of sales for its private sector retirement plans business.
Spenthoff, who previously was an internal wholesaler on Nationwide’s retirement plan sales team, will handle the Austin-San Antonio territory.
Spenthoff has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Ohio State University.
Daniel previously was a wealth advisor at the Orizon Group L.L.C., Omaha, Neb. He will handle the Iowa/Nebraska territory.
Daniel has a bachelor’s degree in business from Creighton University.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Tom Masteller to be the regional sales director for Pittsburgh.
Masteller previously sold retirement plans for a unit of Transamerica, an arm of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands (NYSE:AEG).
Masteller has a bachelor’s degree in education from Ohio State University and a master’s degree in business from Florida State University.
- Advantus Capital Management Inc., a unit of Securian Financial Group Inc., St. Paul, Minn., has hired Randal Harrison to be vice president and director of a unit that manages assets for insurers.
Harrison succeeds Marilyn Froelich, who is retiring.
Harrison previously was managing director and senior fixed income portfolio manager for RBC Global Asset Management, a unit of Royal Bank of Canada, Montreal.
- Curian Capital L.L.C., Denver, a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London (NYSE:PUK), has added new territories in Wisconsin/Northeast Iowa, Northeast Pennsylvania, South Florida, and Arkansas/Mississippi/Alabama, and it has added 6 new external regional business consultants.
The company also has promoted Tim Parkinson to divisional vice president for the Western region.
The new external regional business consultants are Michael Cole, North and South Carolina; Chris Cullen, Northeast Pennsylvania; Michael Gordon; Pat Malloy, Georgia; Sara Paulson, Wisconsin and Northeast Iowa, and Sean Withrow, Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany, has hired Jim Kochinski to be senior counsel for product development of life products and Nancy Blaisdell to be senior counsel for operations.
Kochinski previously was a lead counsel for group and individual benefits products at a U.S. unit of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam (NYSE:ING). He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of South Florida and a law degree from the John Marshall Law School in Chicago.
Blaisdell handled individual life legal support services in a Minnesota office of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford (NYSE:HIG).
Blaisdell has a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University and a law degree from the University of Idaho.
- Silberstein Insurance Group L.L.C., Baltimore, an insurance broker, has promoted Pat Isaac to vice president from senior account director.
Isaac has degrees in marketing and communications from Towson University. She holds the Advanced Chartered Benefit Consultant professional designation.