There’s a lot of talk about how the world of sales has changed. Pundits rant about the “new normal,” “new realities,” “Web 2.0,” etc. The truth? Nothing’s changed. People buy from people. Real salespeople remain experts committed to their customers’ success.
1. Are authentic — they are comfortable in their own style.
2. Learn what the customer requires to boost his or her business.
3. Ask question after queston until they uncover the real issues.
4. Contribute innovative ideas and engage in an exchange of information.
5. Propose a reliable solution to impact the client’s business.
6. Are willing to walk away if there is not a fit.
7. Readily refer other resources — even if it’s their competition.