There’s a lot of talk about how the world of sales has changed. Pundits rant about the “new normal,” “new realities,” “Web 2.0,” etc. The truth? Nothing’s changed. People buy from people. Real salespeople remain experts committed to their customers’ success.
1. Are authentic — they are comfortable in their own style.
2. Learn what the customer requires to boost his or her business.
3. Ask question after queston until they uncover the real issues.
4. Contribute innovative ideas and engage in an exchange of information.
5. Propose a reliable solution to impact the client’s business.
6. Are willing to walk away if there is not a fit.
7. Readily refer other resources — even if it’s their competition.
Whether these tips find you on holiday or diligently working in your office, your responsibility is to continually prospect for sales. If you’re not prospecting, your sales pipeline dries. Top salespeople prospect continually. They don’t wait for the phone to ring with that perfect sales prospect. Talk to everyone, learn about others and share ideas — wherever you go. You never know: The person next to you might just be your next referral source or even your new client.