Munich American Reassurance Company has hired Michael Farley to be its chief financial officer (CFO).
Farley, who will supervise the finance and corporate actuarial departments at Munich Re, Atlanta, previously was CFO for U.S. business at Transamerica Reinsurance, Charlotte, N.C., a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands (NYSE:AEG).
Farley succeeds Jeffrey Katz, who will continue to work for Munich Re in the U.S. living benefits, group and credit and underwriting areas, Munich Re says.
Farley holds the Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst professional designations.
In related news, Joyce Ruddock is succeeding March Cohen as president of Munich Re’s LifePlans Inc. unit.
Cohen will become chief research and development officer at LifePlans, Waltham, Mass., according to Munich Re.
Ruddock has been a senior vice president at a unit of MetLife Inc., New York (NYSE:MET).
In other personnel news:
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has hired David O’Leary to be executive vice president of financial protection.
O’Leary previously was executive vice president and chief operating officer at American General Life Insurance Companies, Houston, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York (NYSE:AIG).
AXA Equitable also has named Robert Wright to be executive vice president of wealth management. Wright previously was head of sales and named chief of sales officer in 2009 at AXA Advisors L.L.C.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany, has promoted Andy Mattson to director of program management. Mattson previously was a project manager at Allianz.
Mattson has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has named Shelley Fiore of Detroit Financial Group L.L.C., Detroit, a MassMutual general agency. The other co-general agent is Fiore’s husband, Dennis Fiore.
Shelley Fiore holds Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations. In 2008, she was president of the MassMutual Agents Association.
- Aquiline Capital Partners L.L.C., New York, has named Woody Bradford president and chief operating officer of Conning, Hartford.
Conning sells asset management services and other services to insurers.
Bradford previously was an operating partner at Advent International, Boston. He has a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Worcester Polytechnic Institute and a master’s degree in business from Harvard University. He is a member of the board of the Greater Boston Food Bank.
- MZI HealthCare L.L.C., Valencia, Calif., has hired Dorothy Higgason-Robinson to be vice president of clinical applications.
Higgason-Robinson, previously was the chief operating officer at Health Access Solutions Inc., Foster City, Calif.
MZI sells the EZ-CAP health plan administration system.