Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America has hired Julia Gutz Moller to be senior director of U.S. marketing.
Gutz Moller previously was vice president of integrated marketing at Ameriprise Financial Inc., Minneapolis, according to Allianz Life, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz A.G., Munich, Germany.
Gutz Moller has a bachelor’s degree in economics and business from Cornell College and a master’s degree in business and a law degree from the University of Iowa.
Allianz also has hired Jason Wellmann to be senior vice president of life insurance sales. Wellmann previously was vice president of branch development at Allianz Insurance Company, Minneapolis.
In other personnel news:
- Aviva P.L.C., has named Pat O’Brien chief executive officer of Aviva Investors, Des Moines, Iowa.
O’Brien will be responsible for investment operations in the U.S. and Canada.
O’Brien previously worked for Evergreen Investment Management, a subsidiary of Wachovia Corp., Charlotte, N.C. He also was head of international for Wachovia Global Asset Management, Charlotte, N.C.
- Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc., St. Petersburg, Fla., a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands (NYSE:AEG), has hired Shawn Mihal to be vice president and chief compliance officer.
Mihal previously was chief compliance officer at Great American Advisors, Cincinnati.
Mihal has a bachelor’s degree in business economics from the University of Cincinnati.
- Western & Southern Financial Group Distributors Inc., a unit of Western & Southern Financial Group, Cincinnati, has hired Michelle Webb to be senior regional vice president, financial institutions.
Webb previously was regional vice president at RiverSource Annuities, a unit of Ameriprise Financial Inc., Minneapolis (NYSE:AMP).
Webb has a bachelor’s degree in business from Texas Wesleyan University.
- Epic Advisors Inc., Rochester, N.Y., has hired Carolyn Richardson to be a sales consultant in Beverly, Mass.
Richardson previously was a regional sales director at RolloverSystems Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
- Clements International Inc., Washington, has hired Tarun Chopra to be vice president of finance.
Chopra has a master’s degree in business from the University of Melbourne.
- ACORD, Pearl River, N.Y., has hired Rick Hiel to be standards director.
Hiel previously was director of standards at the Insured Retirement Institute, Washington.