Selling LTCI online is being heralded as the future of the business. The concept is to “screen share” while on the phone together. Rich Horowitz, an ACSIA/ LTC Global agent and a webinar- selling expert, prefers the Internet approach because it increases his coverage area, requires less travel time and expenses and enables him to work more efficiently, and enables him to convert more prospects to appointments.
Selling LTCI via webinar requires a different skill set. Rich’s guidelines are:
- Are you reasonably familiar with using a computer?
- Are you comfortable attaching, modifying, and creating documents?
- Do you have and are you a proficient user of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word?
- Are you able to copy and paste?
- Are your files/folders organized on your computer?
During the one-hour meeting, the prospect will be viewing:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Cost of care specific to their area
- Underwriting process
- Third-party objective data
- Carrier ratings
- Live quoting
He also provided the following suggestions:
- Use a two-call close.
- Use a caring, conversational tone with professional language.
- Add your picture to the presentation.
- Add the prospects’ names on the screen so they become part of the process and can see rates changing as different benefit options are discussed.
- For leads coming over the Internet, you must respond quickly–you need to get to them within an hour.
- The application can be completed electronically, e-mailed, or sent via conventional mail for the client to fill out and sign.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!