Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America has hired 11 regional vice presidents for Allianz Life Financial Services L.L.C.
The new regional vice presidents will focus on marketing the company’s fixed and variable annuities to financial advisors at large broker-dealers, banks and wirehouses, according to Allianz Life, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany.
The new regional vice presidents are Tim Knight, wirehouse channel, Oklahoma and Northern Texas; Jack Graugnard , all channels, Louisiana and Mississippi; Katie Ehrsam, wirehouse channel, Colorado; Shawn Lewis, wirehouse channel, Arkansas, Missouri and Kansas; Lynn Berger, independent channel, Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia; Doug Zweig, independent channel, Illinois; Steve Beck, independent channel, Oklahoma and Northern Texas .; Janette Ortiz, wirehouse channel, New York City and Long Island; Patrick Cahill, wirehouse channel, Northern Pennsylvania and Northern New Jersey ; Eric Motzkus, all channels, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming; and Michael Giles, independent channel, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Allianz Life also has hired Suzanne Dowd Zeller to be vice president of human resources. Zeller previously was vice president for human resources in the international wealth management unit at Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford (NYSE:HIG).
Zeller has a bachelor’s degree in psychology and sociology from the State University of New York – Fredonia.
In other personnel news:
- WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis (NYSE:WLP), has hired Pam Kehaly to be president and general manager of its Anthem Blue Cross of California unit.
Kehaly previously was president of national accounts at Aetna Inc., Hartford (NYSE:AET).
- Humana Inc., Louisville, Ky. (NYSE:HUM), has named Tim Love president of its Florida commercial operations.
Love has been Humana’s South Florida commercial market president for the past 2 years. He has a bachelor’s degree in business from Emory University.
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford (NYSE:HIG), has promoted Sharon Ritchey to executive vice president of retirement plans from executive vice president and director of operations, technology and e-business in the company’s wealth management division.
Ritchey has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in business from Eastern Kentucky University and a master’s degree in marketing from Northwestern University.
- Securian Financial Group, St. Paul, Minn., says Sarah Monke is now president of the Securian Trust Company N.A. unit. Monke previously was manager of compliance services at Securian Financial’s broker-dealer, Securian Financial Services Inc.
Monke has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota and a law degree from Hamline University. She holds the Accredited Investment Fiduciary professional designation.
-The retirement services division at American United Life Insurance Company, a unit of OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., Indianapolis, has hired James Gilligan to be the regional sales director in Orlando, Fla.
Gilligan previously was a managing director at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass.
- The retirement services division at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has named Diane DuFresne and Danielle Maynard to be third-party administration relationship managers.
DuFresne will handle the Central region, and Maynard will handle the Central and Mid-Atlantic regions.
- Aon Consulting, a unit of Aon Corp., Chicago (NYSE:AON), has hired Joe Mazzenga to be senior vice president and human capital practice leader for the Central West region.
Mazzenga previously was the founder and principal partner at Whetstone Inc., Barrington, Ill.
Mazzenga has a bachelor’s degree in human resources and organizational development from Trinity International University in Illinois and a master’s degree in social work and counseling psychology from George Williams College.