After reading the Senior Survey, I reached out to a group of advisors to hone in on what the traits are of a trusted advisor.
- Has staff answer the phone with “how can we serve you”
- After every meeting tells clients that he appreciates them
- Has implemented a “carrier ethics board” which reviews financial carriers every quarter
- Gives each prospect a CLIENT BILL OF RIGHTS
- Promotes other community businesses within his own practice
- Improves the lives of not only clients but of hundreds of other advisors who need one-on-one assistance in how to shorten the learning curve of running a seminar style practice
- Puts prospect (and client) before product
- Take care of your clients through clear communication and face-to-face meetings
- Help the clients reach “their” financial goals
- Dedicate yourself to customer service
- Provide educational seminars where teaching is the key not sales
- Ask questions and find out what the client really wants
- Make sure the client understands all the products and services you offer
- Listen to your clients!
This is only a snapshot in time, a work in progress, so please add your own traits of a trusted advisor below.