Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. has promoted George Eknaian to chief actuary for wealth management.
Eknaian previously was head of enterprise risk management for the global variable annuity business at Hartford Financial, Hartford (NYSE:HIG).
Eknaian has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and economics from Wesleyan University.
In other personnel news:
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has hired Timothy Demetres to vice president and chief accounting officer.
Demetres previously was an assistant corporate controller at Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York.
Demetres has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Syracuse University.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Michael Reilly to be a divisional sales manager.
Reilly previously was institutional sales manager at JP Morgan Chase & Company, New York.
- Transamerica Retirement Services, Los Angeles, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands (NYSE:AEG), has promoted Scott Young to the regional vice president for New York and New Jersey.
Young previously was a Transamerica sales associate.
Young has a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Rhode Island.
- CIGNA International, a unit of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia (NYSE:CI), has hired Jason Sadler to be leader of the health, life and accident operations.
Sadler previously was a managing director at a unit of HSBC Holdings P.L.C., London.
Sadler has a bachelor’s degree in business studies from Swansea University. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
- Lockton Inc., Kansas City, Mo., has hired Robert Reiff to be chief operating officer for its St. Louis office.
Reiff previously was a senior vice president at Hartford.
Reiff has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Arison Insurance Services Inc., Louisville, Ky., has hired Jonathon Estes to be a senior sales executive.
Estes has a bachelor’s degree from Western Kentucky University. He is president-elect of the Owensboro chapter of the National Health Underwriters Association and serves on the board of the Warren Regional Juvenile Detention Center.
- The Financial Planning Association, Denver, has promoted Daniel Barry to managing director of government relations and public policy, from director of government relations.