- I create focus groups of 10-12 clients that I have the best relationship with and ask them to bring friends. Some have even volunteered to speak about what it’s like to work with me.
- I show a pre-meeting, five-minute video about our practice and what’s going to happen in the meeting they are about to have with me. It seems that when they see it on TV, it adds credibility to the concepts.
- Tell your friends, family and virtually anyone you meet what it is that you do and who your best-fit client is, and let them bring the business to you. I give them a schedule of events (seminars, luncheons, etc.) to bring those folks to. It’s referrals on steroids!
-Dave Vick, Vickassociates.com
- There is nothing that beats a referral methodology–you are pre-sold, have trust and credibility, ace out the competition, incur no hard costs, reduce your selling time and get a new client more than 70 percent of the time.
- Utilize a proactive referral system, with goals, skills and metrics. People will do business with you because they know, like and trust you. It doesn’t matter if you’re new in your field.
-Joanne Black, Nomorecoldcalling.com
Do you have ideas to share with other advisors? E-mail them to us at email@example.com.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!