Alliantgroup L.P. has hired Jim Ramstad, a former member of Congress and former member of the House Ways and Means Committee, to be a senior advisor.
Ramstad, a past chairman of the Ways and Means oversight subcommittee, also was a member of the health subcommittee, according to alliantgroup, Houston.
Ramstad has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota and a law degree from George Washington University. He served as a first lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve.
Alliantgroup helps clients make use of niche tax breaks and incentive programs, such as tax code provisions that apply to captive insurers. The firm also represents clients in audits and tax court proceedings.
In other personnel news:
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, has hired Steven Holstein to be chief marketing officer, individual products distribution.
Holstein previously was senior vice president, marketing and market development, and Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass.
He has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Clark University and a master’s degree in business from Boston University.
- General Re-New England Asset Management Inc., Farmington, Conn., a unit of General Re Corp., Stamford, Conn., has named William Rotatori president.
GR-NEAM sells capital and investment management services to insurers.
Rotatori has been managing the client strategy group at GR-NEAM.
Rotatori has a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Chicago. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation.
GR-NEAM has promoted Calvin Clark to manager of the client strategy group.
Clark has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Middlebury College.
- Symetra Life Insurance Company, Bellevue, Wash., a unit of Symetra Financial Corp. (NYSE:SYA), has hired Thomas Bittner to be a regional vice president for the Western region in the group division.
Bittner will work in Los Angeles and lead teams in offices in Seattle, San Diego, Austin and Dallas.
Bittner previously was head of sales in the Western region at Aetna Inc., Hartford (NYSE:AET).
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has hired Christopher Howell to be associate regional director of the Southeastern region for the Independence and Financial Network and David Frank to be associate regional director for the Texas region.
Howell previously was a regional vice president in Newnan, Ga., at Mercury Financial Group Inc. He holds the Certified Financial Planner professional designation.
Frank is a member of the Million Dollar Round Table, Park Ridge, Ill.
- Futurity First Insurance Group Inc., Rocky Hill, Conn., an insurance distribution organization, has hired Michael Schulitz to be senior vice president of sales development and operations.
Schulitz previously was a sales vice president supporting the independent distribution channel at a unit of Lincoln National Corp., Radnor, Pa. (NYSE:LNC).
Schulitz has a bachelor’s degree from Union College and a master’s degree in business from New York University. He holds the Certified Financial Planner designation.
- Aon Consulting, a unit of Aon Corp., Chicago (NYSE:AON), has hired Kirby Bosley to be a senior vice president and health and benefits practice leader for the West region.
Bosley, who will work in Los Angeles, previously was the West division group health practice leader at Watson Wyatt, Washington.
Bosley has a bachelor’s degree in English from Mount Holyoke College. She holds the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist professional designation.
- Strategic Insight and Asset International Inc., New York, has hired Matthew Savage to be senior business development manager for the qualified plan market.
Savage has a bachelor’s degree from Westfield State College. He holds the Retirement Plans Associate professional designation.