LifeSecure Insurance Company has hired Douglas Hamm to be vice president of sales.
Hamm previously was vice president of sales at Assurity Life Insurance Company, Lincoln, Neb., according to LifeSecure, Brighton, Mich.
LifeSecure is a long term care insurer affiliated with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan, Detroit.
Hamm has a bachelor’s degree from Oklahoma State University and a master’s degree in business from Southern Nazarene University in Bethany, Okla.
In other personnel news:
- Units of Dentegra Group Inc., San Francisco, the parent of Delta Dental Insurance Company and Delta Dental of California, have hired Stephen Adamson to be vice president, enterprise contact center.
Adamson, who will be based in Alpharetta, Ga., also will oversee call center operations in Pennsylvania and California.
Adamson previously was senior vice president of national operations and western region vice president at Meritain Health Inc., Amherst, N.Y.
Adamson has a bachelor’s degree in operations from California Polytechnic University in Pomona, Calif., and holds a Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has hired Mark Scalercio and Timothy Welch to be senior vice presidents and promoted Michael Simcox to senior vice president.
Scalercio, who is in marketing and sales support for the 401(k) plan and association business, previously was a vice president in the investment and retirement division at Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford (NYSE:HIG).
Welch, who is in real estate investment management, previously was an executive managing director at Cushman & Wakefield Inc., New York.
Simcox has been overseeing execution of business decisions at AXA Equitable. He now also is a senior advisor to the executives at AXA’s new global Life & Savings and health businesses.
- Columbus Life Insurance Company, Cincinnati, a unit of Western & Southern Financial Group, Cincinnati, has hired Ronald Keller to be assistant vice president, product development.
Keller previously was vice president, product management for Conseco Insurance Group, a unit of CNO Financial Group Inc., Carmel, Ind. (NYSE:CNO).
Keller has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from California State University
- Aviva North America, Chicago, a unit of Aviva P.L.C., London (NYSE:AV), has hired Dan Guilbert to be chief risk officer.
Guilbert previously was chief actuary and risk officer at Hartford Life Insurance Company, Simsbury, Conn., a unit of Hartford Financial, Hartford.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Pat Fields to be regional sales director for northern California and Gary Plourde to be regional director of national accounts for the Southeast.
Fields previously worked in sales and management at John Hancock, a unit of Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto (TSX:MFC).
Fields has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Gonzaga University.
Plourde has been senior vice president of sales and distribution at DailyAccess Corp., Mobile, Ala., a retirement plan services company. He has a bachelor’s degree in communications from Oakland University.
- MagnaCare L.L.C., New York, a health plan administrator, has hired Bryan Irland to be vice president of marketing and Tisa Corona to be marketing manager.
Irland and Corona both worked for Icehouse Event Marketing L.L.C., St. Louis.
Irland has a bachelor’s degree from Bowling Green State University.
Corona has a bachelor’s degree in marketing and sales from Lindenwood University.