The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors has hired Sheila Owens to be vice president of communications and marketing.
Owens previously wsa vice president of communications and marketing at Airports Council International, Falls Church, Va., according to NAIFA, Falls Church, Va.
In other personnel news:
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Allyson McDonald to be a senior vice president in the Retirement Income Security unit, where she will lead relationship management for third-party distribution.
McDonald previously was on the development team at the Clinton Foundation, New York. She also has been a senior vice president at Fidelity Investments, Boston.
McDonald has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the College of Holy Cross.
- StanCorp Equities Inc., a unit of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. (NYSE:SFG), has hired Niki Green to be the regional pension manager in charge of retirement plan sales team in Arizona, California, Nevada and New Mexico.
Green previously was a vice president of sales at Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa (NYSE:PFG).
- Forethought Financial Group Inc., Indianapolis, has hired Tom Burkhard to be executive vice president and chief administrative officer.
Burkhard previously was an executive at the AIG Star Life and American General operations at American International Group Inc., New York (NYSE:AIG).
- Clark Consulting L.L.C., Dallas, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands, has promoted Anthony Laudato to senior vice president of product and services and chief product officer, and Brian Katz to senior vice president of market strategy and development and chief marketing officer.
- Mayer Brown L.L.P., New York, says David Alberts is now a partner in its New York office in the insurance industry group.
Alberts previously was a partner in the New York office of Hogan Lovells International L.L.P.
Alberts has a law degree from the University of Iowa.
- 1-800-Gift Certificate L.L.C., Lyndhurst, N.J., which does business as IncentOne, has hired Peter Hayes to be a consultant.
Hayes previously was head of benefits at Hannaford Brothers Company, Scarborough, Maine. He is a co-founder of the Maine Health Management Coalition and co-chairman of the Maine Employer Purchasing Collaborative.
Hayes has a bachelor’s degree from Bowdoin College.