What can you do to change the situation? Occasionally, it’s time to do a “client cleansing” – and that can actually be a morale builder for you and your support staff, who are probably equally sick of spending their time placating the problem customers. You can even consider it a team-building exercise. Business should be fun; look at “circulating” your clients as an event or a way to make your business better and more productive.
Rules to say goodbye to a client
- Get all the facts and figures and look at the empirical data.
- Get senior management involved to get a better and stronger consensus.
- Do not let your emotion in the situation play a role. Rely on logic.
- Have fun doing this and look at the positives and not the negatives.
- Make sure that you have the new business in hand to replace this present customer.
Hal Becker is a nationally known speaker on Sales and Customer Service. He is the author of two best selling books, “Can I Have 5 Minutes Of Your Time?” and “Lip Service.”