Great-West Retirement Services has hired 8 internal wholesalers, and it hopes to hire more as the size of its external sales team increases.
Great-West, Greenwood Village, Colo., is a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal.
The unit is increasing the number of internal wholesalers to improve the external-to-internal wholesaler ratio to 2 to 1, from 3 to 1.
The new internal wholesalers are Mike Burke – California; Edward Carlson – Louisiana and Texas; Bob Fitzpatrick – Arizona, Idahoa, Montana, North Dakota and New Mexico; Tom Geiger – Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin; Trevor Millberg – the District of Columbia, Virginia and West Virginia; Jeremy Oaster – Alabama, Oregon and Washington; Gina Schimpf – Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont; and Amy Turley – Colorado, Nebraska, Utah and Wyoming.
Great-West also has hired Kevin White to be regional sales director for Tennessee. White previously was a regional vice president for retirement plan sales in an ING region that includes Mississippi and parts of Tennessee.
In other personnel news:
- Protective Life Corp., Birmingham, Ala., has hired Edward Berko to be executive vice president and chief risk officer.
Berko previously was chief risk officer for the investments department at MetLife Inc., New York.
He also served for 9 years as an officer in the U.S. Navy.
Berko has a bachelor’s degree in marine engineering from the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis and a master’s degree in business from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Aviva Investors North America, Des Moines, Iowa, a unit of Aviva P.L.C., London, has hired Eric Hasenauer to be head of institutional sales.
Hasenauer, who will be based in New York, previously was head of subadvisory services at Credit Suisse Asset Management, New York.
- Ron Cain has joined the North Central Ohio regional planning group office at Lincoln Financial Advisors, an arm of Lincoln National Corp., Radnor, Pa.
Cain holds the Certified Public Accountant and Certified Financial Planner professional designations. He is a member of the Million Dollar Roundtable’s Top of the Table.
- Joseph Radovic is now the managing partner of a Dallas career agency that serves Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa.
Radovic previously was managing director of a Penn Mutual career agency in Bellevue, Wash.
Radovic has a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Arizona State University. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter, Chartered Financial Consultant and Certified Financial Planner professional designations. He is an instructor in the ChFC and CLU programs.
- Invescor Ltd., Farmington, Hills, Mich., has hired Ziad Dallo to be a life settlements account executive.
Dallo previously worked in Southfield, Mich., for the John Hancock unit of Manulife Financial Corp. He has a bachelor’s degree in business from Walsh College.