New York Life Insurance Company has hired Frances Arricale to be vice president for international governmental affairs.
Arricale, who is based in Washington, succeeds Leslie Griffin, who is now chief of staff to the head of New York Life International.
Arricale previously was executive director of the Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission, Washington, where she managed the new Interstate Insurance Compact. She also has been the general counsel for the New York City Commission to the United Nations, Consular Corp and Protocol in the Office of the Mayor.
Arricale has a bachelor’s degree in political science from Fordham University and a law degree from Brooklyn Law School.
In other personnel news:
- AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands, has named Kent Callahan group head of employer solutions and pensions for the AEGON companies.
The unit has 3,000 employees.
Callahan has been president of Transamerica Retirement Services, Los Angeles, and will keep that title.
Callahan will oversee the operations of Diversified Investment Advisors Inc.; Transamerica Retirement Services; Worksite Marketing; and Clark Consulting Inc.
Callahan will be based in Atlanta.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Jo Wetherille to be national sales manager and Juan Daviess relationship manager at its bank services group.
Wetherille previously was a consultant in Great-West’s bank services group.
Daviess was a regional pension specialist at a unit of Lincoln National Corp., Radnor, Pa.
Great-West Retirement also has promoted Stephanie Bendrick and John Fellin to vice president, and it has promoted Marybeth Daubenspeck, John Weems and Laura Whitlock to assistant vice president.
- Humana Inc., Louisville, Ky., named Melody Berry market vice president and practice leader of commercial sales and retention for its Peoria, Ill.-based Central and Northern Illinois market operations.
The company also has named Ross Westreich market vice president of Medicare operations for the region.
The moves are the result of Humana’s May 2008 acquisition of OSF HealthPlans Inc., Peoria, from OSF Saint Francis Inc.
Berry was vice president of marketing and communications at OSF HealthPlans
Westreich was regional finance director for Humana’s North Region.
- Mutual Trust Financial Group, a unit of Mutual Trust Holding Company, Oak Brook, Ill., has hired Narayan Shankar to be a senior vice and chief actuary.
Shankar previously was a senior actuary at the Allstate Financial unit of Allstate Corp., Northbrook, Ill.
Shankar has a master’s degree in statistics from Iowa State University, a master’s degree in applied mathematics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and a master’s degree in business from the University of Chicago.
- EmblemHealth Inc., New York, the parent company of HIP Health Plan of New York and Group Health Inc., has hired Dr. William Gillespie to be chief medical officer and William Lamoreaux to be senior vice president for state-sponsored programs.
Gillespie is a pediatrician who has been chief medical officer for the Ovations division of UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn.
Gillespie has a bachelor’s degree from Wesleyan University and a medical degree from the University of Virginia.
Lamoreaux previously was chief transition officer at Health Net Inc., Woodland Hills, Calif.
Lamoreaux has a bachelor’s degree from Ithaca College and a master’s degree in business from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.