Assurant Inc. has named John Roberts president of the Assurant Employee Benefits unit.
Roberts has been serving as interim president of Assurant Employee Benefits, Kansas City, Mo., for 20 months, according to Assurant, New York.
Matthew Gilligan is assuming Roberts’ old position as head of another Assurant unit, Disability RMS, Westbrook, Maine. Gilligan has a bachelor’s degree from Bates College and a master’s degree in business from the University of New Hampshire.
Roberts succeeds Michael Penninger.
Penninger is taking over as executive vice president and chief financial officer of Assurant. P. Bruce Camacho, the previous Assurant CFO, has resigned to pursue other opportunities, Assurant says.
In other personnel news:
- NAVA Inc., Reston, Va., has hired Rick Heil to be director of standards.
Heil previously was practice director at Abraham, McDonald and Associates Inc., Park City, Utah. He also has been director of life standards at ACORD Corp., Pearl River, N.Y.
- The Council for Affordable Health Insurance, has hired Brian McManus to be director of federal affairs.
McManus succeeds Angela Hunter, who has retired.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has hired Jill Thomas to be vice president, underwriting and new business.
Thomas previously worked for Pacific Life Insurance Company, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va., has hired Cameron Miller to be chief financial officer of Genworth Financial Wealth Management.
Miller previously was a principal with Lovell Minnick Partners L.L.C., Los Angeles, a private equity firm.
Miller has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Pomona College and a master’s degree in business from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Fort Dearborn Life Insurance Company, a unit of Health Care Service Corp., Chicago, has hired Brian Griffin to be vice president, regional markets, for employer groups with up to 3,000 lives, and Michael Prochno to be director of national account sales, which covers employer groups with 3,000 or more lives.
Griffin previously was a vice president at MetLife Inc., New York.
Griffin has a bachelor’s degree from Loyola University. He is a member of the board of the International Disability Income Society, Seal Beach, Calif.
Prochno was a vice president at Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J.
He has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Wabash College.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Tony Carucci to be a retirement services relationship manager for the Midwest region.
Carucci previously worked for Fidelity Investments, Boston.
- HealthMarkets Inc., North Richland Hills, Texas, has hired Thomas Stoiber to be vice president and actuary.
Stoiber previously ran his own actuarial consulting firm. He also has been a senior director in the individual health segment at Humana Inc., Louisville, Ky.
Stoiber has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from St. Norbert College. He holds the Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Fellow of Life Office Management Association professional designations, and he is a member of the individual medical task force at the American Academy of Actuaries, Washington.
- American Specialty Health Inc., San Diego, has named Julie Jennings, the executive vice president of operations, to be wellness operations officer.
- Lockton Companies Inc., Kansas City, Mo., has hired Pauline Sobelman to be vice president-benefits consultant for Northeast operations.
Sobelman, who will be based in New York, previously worked for Corporate Synergies Inc., Mount Laurel, N.J.
Sobelman has a bachelor’s degree from New York University.
- Brewer Investment Group L.L.C., Chicago, has hired Richard Chew to be managing director of its insurance division.
Chew previously owned the The Lighthouse Agency, Detroit.