Assurant Inc. has named John Roberts president of the Assurant Employee Benefits unit.
Roberts has been serving as interim president of Assurant Employee Benefits, Kansas City, Mo., for 20 months, according to Assurant, New York.
Matthew Gilligan is assuming Roberts’ old position as head of another Assurant unit, Disability RMS, Westbrook, Maine. Gilligan has a bachelor’s degree from Bates College and a master’s degree in business from the University of New Hampshire.
Roberts succeeds Michael Penninger.
Penninger is taking over as executive vice president and chief financial officer of Assurant. P. Bruce Camacho, the previous Assurant CFO, has resigned to pursue other opportunities, Assurant says.
In other personnel news:
- NAVA Inc., Reston, Va., has hired Rick Heil to be director of standards.
Heil previously was practice director at Abraham, McDonald and Associates Inc., Park City, Utah. He also has been director of life standards at ACORD Corp., Pearl River, N.Y.
- The Council for Affordable Health Insurance, has hired Brian McManus to be director of federal affairs.
McManus succeeds Angela Hunter, who has retired.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has hired Jill Thomas to be vice president, underwriting and new business.
Thomas previously worked for Pacific Life Insurance Company, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va., has hired Cameron Miller to be chief financial officer of Genworth Financial Wealth Management.
Miller previously was a principal with Lovell Minnick Partners L.L.C., Los Angeles, a private equity firm.
Miller has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Pomona College and a master’s degree in business from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Fort Dearborn Life Insurance Company, a unit of Health Care Service Corp., Chicago, has hired Brian Griffin to be vice president, regional markets, for employer groups with up to 3,000 lives, and Michael Prochno to be director of national account sales, which covers employer groups with 3,000 or more lives.