- Under-promise and over-deliver. Do a little more and write it up in the bill with “no charge.”
- Work hard and bill fairly.
- Return calls promptly, even if it’s just to acknowledge you received the client’s call and will get back to them with more details later.
- Pay bills promptly. Especially in the small business arena, vendors notice.
- Bring jobs in on time, and on budget.
- Thank customers every time you meet. Remember, they could have gone elsewhere.
- Face people and smile when you thank them. Let them know it’s not an afterthought.
- Say “thank you” in letters and correspondance.
- Give a low-key gift like a book for special clients.
- Write a “thank you” letter. It’s inexpensive, and builds loyalty.
Source: Jeffrey Dobkin
Do you have a Top 10 List you’d like to share? Click here to submit your list!