The National Association of Insurance Commissioners has named its 2009 funded and unfunded consumer liaison representatives.
The list of funded consumer reps – who receive financial support from the NAIC, Washington, to represent consumer interests in NAIC activities – includes 3 newcomers and 13 reps who participated in the program in 2008.
The new 2009 funded consumer liaison reps are:
- Pamela Bolton, director of policy and research, Texas Watch, Austin.
- Sonja Larkin-Thorne, Avon, Conn., a retiree who once worked as vice president for government affairs at Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford.
- S. Colleen Repetto, Fair Insurance Rates, Monroe, Fla.
The returning funded reps are:
- Betty Ahrens, executive director, Iowa Citizen Action Network, Coralville, Iowa.
- Amy Bach, executive director, United Policyholders, San Francisco.
- Birny Birnbaum, executive director, Center for Economic Justice, Austin, Texas.
- Brendan Bridgeland, director, Center for Insurance Research, Cambridge, Mass.