AEGON N.V. has named Mark Mullin president of AEGON Americas, giving him responsibility for company operations in Canada and Latin America as well as in the United States.
Mullin is an executive vice president at AEGON USA, Cedar Rapids, the U.S. arm of AEGON, The Hague, Netherlands.
Mullin runs AEGON’s U.S. pension, annuity and mutual fund businesses.
Patrick Baird, the current chief executive of AEGON Americas, will continue to oversee AEGON’s life reinsurance business and serve on the parent company’s board.
Mullin will continue to report to Baird, AEGON says.
In other personnel news:
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has promoted William Degnan to president of the Advantage Group, a unit that recruits experienced financial professionals for the AXA Advisors L.L.C. distribution arm.
Degnan succeeds Vincent Parascandola, who is now president of the Northern Division at AXA Advisors.
Degnan previously was head of AXA Equitable’s At Retirement program.
Parascandola’s division oversees branch offices in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington and other markets.
- American International Group Inc., New York, has named Anastasia Kelly vice chairman.
Kelly has been the company’s general counsel and senior regulatory and compliance officer.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany, has hired Walter White to be chief administrative officer, Nancy Jones to be chief marketing officer and Kevin Bachmann to be president of the Questar Capital Corp. subsidiary.
White previously was president of Woodbury Financial Services, a unit of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford.
White has a bachelor’s degree from Yale University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Pennsylvania.
Jones previously was a senior vice president at Ameriprise Financial Inc., Minneapolis.
She has a bachelor’s degree from Southern Methodist University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Minnesota.
Bachman was president of Sammons Securities Company, a broker-dealer arm of a unit of Sammons Enterprises Inc., Dallas.
He has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Wisconsin.
- Assurant Inc., New York, has promoted Robyn Price Stonehill to senior vice president, compensation and benefits, from vice president, executive compensation and retirement plans.
Price Stonehill has a bachelor’s degree from Queens College of the City University of New York.
- CIGNA HealthCare, Bloomfield, Conn., a unit of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, has hired Benjamin Karsch to be senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
Karsch previously ran the marketing organization at the Las Vegas Sands Corp., Las Vegas.
Karsch has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Benefit Advisors Network, Cleveland, has brought William Thurston Jr. in to be chief marketing officer.
Thurston will help the network locate and recruit member benefits advisory and consulting firms, the network says.
Thurston has been managing partner at Velocity Consulting Group L.L.C., Herriman, Utah, an insurance distribution consulting firm.