American International Group Inc. has hired Christina Pretto to be vice president of corporate media relations.
Pretto previously was managing director and global head of public affairs at Citigroup Inc., New York. She also has been director of communications at Standard & Poor’s, New York.
Pretto has a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Wisconsin.
In other personnel news:
- Nippon Life Insurance Company of America, New York, a unit of Nippon Life Insurance Company, Osaka, has hired Gerald Patterson to be chief operating officer.
Patterson previously was vice president and chief marketing officer in the life and health group segment at Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa.
Patterson succeeds Christopher Reddy, who has become chief administration officer at Principal’s Principal Global Investors unit.
Patterson has a bacehlor’s degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He has a law degree from Drake.
- Pacific Life Insurance Company, a unit of Pacific LifeCorp., Newport Beach, Calif., has named Dewey Bushaw to succeed Bill Robinson as the executive vice president in charge of the Pacific Life annuities and mutual funds division.
Robinson has retired.
Pacific Life also has promoted Chris van Mierlo to chief marketing officer and senior vice president at the unit, from vice president for national accounts; John White to vice president, sales, from vice president, internal wholesaling; and Christine Tucker to vice president, marketing, from assistant vice president.
Kathleen McWard, vice president, marketing, and Robert Bruno, vice president, national sales manager, have retired.
Jack Hunter will be in charge of the regional-wirehouse channel; Stuart Holland, of the independent planner channel; and George Paulik, of the bank/financial institutions channel.
- The retirement services division at American United Life Insurance Company, a unit of OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., Indianapolis, has hired James Daniel to be regional vice president for 403(b) plan sales in the Southern region and Michael Woomer to be vice president for consulting services.
Daniel previously was executive vice president of corporate retirement plan distribution at Symetra Financial Corp., Bellevue, Wash.
Daniel will be based in Nashville, Tenn.
Woomer, who will be based in Boston, has been a retirement sales manager at a unit of Charles Schwab Corp., San Francisco.
- The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Falls Church, Va., has hired Paul Wessel to be vice president of finance and facilities.
Wessel previously was a partner at Tatum L.L.C., Washington
He has been chief financial officer at Smithsonian Business Ventures, Washington and at Rodale Press Inc., Emmaus, Pa.
- Pepe & Hazard L.L.P., Hartford, has named Harvey Sigelbaum counsel.