Lincoln National Corp. has hired Lisa Bettinger-Buckingham to be senior vice president and chief human resources officer.
Bettinger-Buckingham previously was senior vice president for global talent at Thomson Reuters in Stamford, Conn.
She has a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University.
In other personnel news:
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford, has promoted Richard Costello to senior vice president of investor relations. Costello has been an assistant general counsel at Hartford.
Costello succeeds Kimberly Johnson, who will become senior vice president, corporate finance
Costello has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of California at Berkeley and a law degree from the University of California.
- MetLife, a unit of MetLife Inc., New York, has promoted Paul LaPiana to senior vice president in the life and protection solutions arm of the individual business division.
LaPiana leads wholesaling and marketing for MetLife’s retail life insurance, long term care insurance and disability income insurance.
LaPiana previously was the national sales manager for life insurance with MetLife Investors.
LaPiana has a bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in corporate finance from San Diego State University.
He holds the Certified Financial Planner professional designation.
- Ace Ltd., Zurich, Switzerland, has hired David Wolf to be president of ACE International Life.
Wolf succeeds Barry Jacobson, who is pursuing a career in education. “
Wolf, who will be based in New York, previously was senior vice president, international insurance, at Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J.
Wolf has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Rutgers University and a master’s degree in business administration from Seton Hall University.
- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Omaha, Neb., has hired Robert Handren to be executive vice president-information services.
Handren previously was a private management consultant. He also has been chief operations officer at U.S. Automobile Association, San Antonio, Texas.
Handren has a bachelor’s degree from St. Mary’s University in San Antonio.
- Sentinel Financial Group Inc., Reading, Mass., a benefits firm, has promoted Adam Pozek to vice president, consulting services, from vice president of retirement services.
The company also has named Samuel Mitchell vice president of operations and technology.
- Aon Consulting, a unit of Aon Corp., Chicago, has hired Matt Smith to be senior vice president and leader of the defined contribution practice in the United States.
Smith previously led the U.S. defined contribution business at Russell Investments, Tacoma, Wash., where he led the U.S. defined contribution business.
Smith has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Kansas.