Examination Management Services Inc. has hired Robert Miller to be managing director of the company’s underwriting services division.
Miller, who will be based in Chicago, has been chief marketing officer at Centre Life Finance Ltd., Minneapolis, where he helped develop a life settlement business line, according to EMSI, Scottsdale, Ariz.
Miller has a master’s degree in business from the University of Chicago. He holds the Registered Health Underwriter, Chartered Financial Consultant, Certified Financial Planner and Charter Life Underwriter professional designations.
In other personnel news:
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has promoted Claude Methot to executive vice president of life and annuity product development, from senior vice president and chief product officer.
Methot has an actuarial diploma from Laval University.
- Unum Group Corp., Chattanooga, Tenn., has named Liston Bishop III executive vice president and general counsel.
Bishop has been the company’s interim general counsel since February.
Bishop has a bachelor’s degree and a law degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Fort Dearborn Life Insurance Company, Chicago, a unit of Health Care Service Corp., Chicago, has hired Joane Fingers to be vice president of group administration.
Fingers previously was life sales director at a unit of MetLife Inc., New York.
Fingers has a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in business from Aurora University.
- The Hylant Group Inc., Toledo, Ohio, has promoted Lisa Hawker to executive vice president and employee benefits practice leader, from client executive and vice president.
Hawker has a bachelor’s degree from Hanover College.
She is the chair of the March of Dimes of Northwest Ohio campaign.
- The retirement services division at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Brad Harrison to be managing director, Midwest region.
Harrison is responsible for third party distribution sales in Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and northwest Wisconsin.
Harrison previously worked for Alerus Financial Corp., Grand Forks, N.D.