BCS Financial Corp. has promoted Robert Krueger to executive vice president for insurance operations, from senior vice president.
BCS Financial, Oakbrook Terrace, Ill., a company that supplies insurance and reinsurance for members of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, Chicago, also has announced other high-level executive promotions.
BCS has promoted Henry Carpenter to senior vice president, general counsel and secretary, from vice president, general counsel and secretary; David Jacobs to senior vice president, actuarial and underwriting, from vice president, actuarial services; and Susan Pickar to senior vice president, finance, and treasurer, from vice president and controller.
In other personnel news:
- Forethought Financial Group Inc., Indianapolis, a company that sells annuities, funeral insurance and other products, has hired Craig Anderson to be vice president controller and chief accounting officer.
Anderson previously worked for National Life, Montpelier, Vt., a unit of NLV Financial Corp.
- INVEST Financial Corp., Tampa, Fla., a broker-dealer unit of Prudential P.L.C., London, has hired Dennis Winter to be vice president, platform training.
Winter previously was a regional sales manager at Associated Banc-Corp., Green Bay, Wis.
Winter has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from St. Louis University.
- Units of Assurant Inc., New York, have announced 2 hires.
Assurant Health, Milwaukee, has hired Charles Young to be vice president for field technology and sales support.
Young previously was new business operations director at the HumanaOne unit of Humana Inc., Louisville, Ky.
Another Assurant unit, Disability RMS, Westbrook, Maine, has hired Dr. Larry Broda to be medical director.
Broda, who has practiced internal medicine for more than 20 years, has a bachelor’s degree in biology from John Carroll University and a medical degree from Ohio State University.
Broda is a lieutenant commander in the U.S. Public Health Service.
- Navigon Financial Group Inc., Durham, N.C., a career agency affiliated with Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has promoted Matt Schade to sales manager, from financial representative.
Schade has a bachelor’s degree from Springfield College in Springfield, Mass.
- Health Benefits Direct Corp., Radnor, Pa., has hired Mark Seghers to be senior vice president of business development for its Insurint Corp. agent sales tool system.
Seghers has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. He is a fellow of the Life Management Institute.
- Cairnstone Inc., Andover Mass., an employer stop-loss insurance unit of M?nchener R?ckversicherungs-Gesellschaft A.G., Munich, Germany, has hired Michael Ann Johnson to be a regional director.
Johnson previously worked in the Northwest territory for a unit of UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn.
Johnson has a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Vanderbilt University.
- Schechter Wealth Strategies, Birmingham, Mich., a unit of National Financial Partners Corp., New York, has hired Nancy Leavy Hoag to be vice president of marketing.
Hoag is the past president of the Detroit chapter of the Direct Marketing Association:
- EmblemHealth Inc., New York, the parent of Group Health Inc. and HIP Health Plan of New York, has hired Daniel Finke to be executive vice president for health care operations.
Finke previously was general manager of the individual senior medical services business at WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis.
Finke has a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy from the University of Cincinnati, a bachelor’s degree from Xavier University, and a master’s degree in business from Xavier.