Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida has promoted Arnold Livermore to executive vice president and chief operating officer, from executive vice president for business operations.
Livermore, who is known as “Duke,” has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in information systems from George Mason University, according to Florida Blue, Jacksonville, Fla.
In other personnel news:
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has promoted Manish Agarwal to senior vice president of retail distribution.
Agarwal previously was a vice president.
Agarwal has a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology. He has a master’s degree and a doctorate in mechanical engineering from Carnegie Mellon University.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has hired Mark Wutt to be a senior vice president.
Wutt previously was a senior vice president at AXA Equitable.
Wutt has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in business from Harvard University.
Wutt holds the Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations.
Wutt is chairman of the strategic marketing issues committee at LIMRA International, Windsor, Conn.
- The Simsbury, Conn., life unit of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford, has hired Marc Lieberman to be president and chief executive officer of Hartford Life Ltd., London.
Lieberman succeeds Michael Kalen, who will become senior vice president of finance at Hartford Financial.
Lieberman previously was chief executive of ING New Zealand, a unit of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam.
Lieberman has a bachelor’s degree in business studies from Buffalo State College. He is vice chairman of the Investment Savings and Insurance Institute, Wellington, New Zealand, and is also director of the American Chamber of Commerce in New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand.
- CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, has hired William Atwell to be president of CIGNA International.
Atwell, who has been a consultant, was a senior vice president with CIGNA HealthCare from 1996 to 2000.
- NLI America, New York, a unit of Nippon Life Insurance Company, Tokyo, has hired Eric Peralta to be second vice president and national service director.
Peralta has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Connecticut and a master’s degree in business from Renssealer Polytechnic Institute.
NLI also has promoted Ros Schechter to senior account director and Jan Linnemann to director of group insurance administration.
- VIST Insurance, a unit of VIST Financial Corp., Wyomissing, Pa., has hired David Lacey to be a human resources consultant.
Lacey has a bachelor’s degree from LeMoyne College and master’s degree and a doctorate from Ohio State University.
- The Society of Financial Service Professionals, Newtown Square, Pa., has hired Peter Conners to be director of sales and corporate development.
Conners previously was director of portfolio marketing at GMAC ResCap, a unit of GMAC L.L.C., Detroit.
Conners has a bachelor’s degree from Boston College. He is a member of the board of the Consumer Credit Counseling Service of the Delaware Valley, Philadelphia.