- Make new contacts at conferences. Don’t spend all your time with people who do the same thing you do. Look for people who complement your services.
- Join professional associations. Watch for people with interesting specialties who can become your colleagues.
- Volunteer to serve your professional associations. You can meet good people who share your concerns, but bring different qualification and training to the table.
- Become active in your local chamber of commerce. There you will find a mix of skills and professions. You may even meet some people who can use your services for their clients.
- Join a business owners’ organization. You will share a commonality of interests and meet a wide variety of professionals.
Source: Karen Altfest, “Keeping Clients for Life”