Conseco Inc. has named Steven Stecher president of Conseco Insurance Group.
Stecher also will oversee the worksite operations and new business services.
Stecher, who previously was executive vice president of operations at Conseco, is succeeding Dan Bardin, who has resigned from Conseco for personal reasons, the company says.
Stecher has a bachelor’s degree in economics and finance from the University of Texas and a master’s degree in management from National University.
Conseco also has promoted Russell Bostick to be executive vice president of technology and operations.
Bostick previously was executive vice president of information technology at Conseco.
Bostick has a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and mathematics from Wabash College and a master’s degree in marketing from the University of Chicago.
In other personnel news:
- Re-Solutions Intermediaries L.L.C., Minneapolis, a reinsurance broker, has hired Liz Mariner to be executive vice president.
Mariner previously was a principal at Towers Perrin Inc., Stamford Conn.
- Woodbury Financial Services, Woodbury, Minn., a unit of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., has hired Lisa Hoyne to be assistant vice president of life and investment products.
Hoyne previously was vice president of field development and marketing at Sammons Security Company L.L.C., Ann Arbor, Mich.
Hoyne has a bachelor’s degree from Concordia College. She is a past chair of the Financial Services Committee at LIMRA International, Windsor, Conn.
- CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, says Dr. Jeffrey Kang, the company’s chief medical officer, now will be part of the executive leadership team that reports directly to CIGNA Chairman H. Edward Hanway.
Before Kang began working for CIGNA, he was the chief clinical officer for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Kang is president of the eHealth Initiative, Washington, a group that promotes use of health information technology.
- The American College, Bryn Mawr, Pa., has hired Craig Lemoine to be assistant professor of financial planning.
Lemoine previously has worked as an instructor, a financial advisor and a financial planning software design analyst.
Lemoine has a bachelor’s degree in family financial planning from Texas Tech University, and he now is getting a doctorate from the university in consumer economics.
- UnitedHealthcare, a unit of UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn., has hired Kathryn Sullivan to be chief executive of the company’s Central Region.
Sullivan previously was chief financial officer of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, Chicago.
Sullivan also has been president and chief executive officer of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, La.