The Chicago office of KPMG Corporate Finance L.L.C. has hired Leslie Fenton to be managing director and head of the insurance investment banking team.
Fenton previously was managing director of the capital advisors unit at Navigant Consulting Inc., Chicago.
Fenton helped start the insurance investment banking group at Kidder, Peabody & Company Inc., New York.
Fenton has a bachelor’s degree in history and a master’s degree in history from Indiana University. She also has a master’s degree in business from the University of Chicago.
In other personnel news:
- Aetna Inc., Hartford, has promoted Michael Mathias to vice president and chief technology officer.
Matthias previously was head of enterprise architecture at Aetna Information Systems.
- Legacy Benefits L.L.C., New York, has hired Mark Hirshorn to run its capital markets efforts.
Hirshorn previously was director of U.S. securitization at Fortis Securities L.L.C., New York, a unit of Fortis, Brussels.
Hirshorn has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Dickinson College and a master’s degree in finance and accounting from Cornell University.
- Brewer Financial Services L.L.C., Chicago, an independent broker-dealer, has hired Robert Whalen to be president.
Whalen previously was a group vice president at Ameriprise Financial Inc., Minneapolis.
- Assurant Employee Benefits, Kansas City, Mo., a unit of Assurant Inc., New York, has hired Timothy Knott to be vice president-insurance operations.
Knott will be in charge of the life and disability divisions.
Knott previously was vice president of group operations at Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa. Earlier in his career, he worked for Assurant.
Knott has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from the University of Central Missouri.
- Jackson Fund Services, Chicago, a unit of Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., which, in turn, is a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London, has hired Mark Anderson to be vice president – investment management and variable product operations.