The Chicago office of KPMG Corporate Finance L.L.C. has hired Leslie Fenton to be managing director and head of the insurance investment banking team.
Fenton previously was managing director of the capital advisors unit at Navigant Consulting Inc., Chicago.
Fenton helped start the insurance investment banking group at Kidder, Peabody & Company Inc., New York.
Fenton has a bachelor’s degree in history and a master’s degree in history from Indiana University. She also has a master’s degree in business from the University of Chicago.
In other personnel news:
- Aetna Inc., Hartford, has promoted Michael Mathias to vice president and chief technology officer.
Matthias previously was head of enterprise architecture at Aetna Information Systems.
- Legacy Benefits L.L.C., New York, has hired Mark Hirshorn to run its capital markets efforts.
Hirshorn previously was director of U.S. securitization at Fortis Securities L.L.C., New York, a unit of Fortis, Brussels.
Hirshorn has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Dickinson College and a master’s degree in finance and accounting from Cornell University.
- Brewer Financial Services L.L.C., Chicago, an independent broker-dealer, has hired Robert Whalen to be president.
Whalen previously was a group vice president at Ameriprise Financial Inc., Minneapolis.
- Assurant Employee Benefits, Kansas City, Mo., a unit of Assurant Inc., New York, has hired Timothy Knott to be vice president-insurance operations.
Knott will be in charge of the life and disability divisions.
Knott previously was vice president of group operations at Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa. Earlier in his career, he worked for Assurant.
Knott has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from the University of Central Missouri.
- Jackson Fund Services, Chicago, a unit of Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., which, in turn, is a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London, has hired Mark Anderson to be vice president – investment management and variable product operations.
Anderson has a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of North Dakota.
- Mutual of America Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Kieran O’Dwyer to be vice president for strategic communications.
O’Dwyer previously was senior director of communications for the United Way of New York City. He also has worked for Professional Sports Publications Inc., New York, and Major League Baseball Properties, New York.
O’Dwyer has a bachelor’s degree from Fordham University.
- Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa, has hired Dr. Naim Munir to be vice president and chief medical officer.
Munir previously was executive medical director for quality and care management at Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey, Newark, N.J.
Munir has a medical degree from Rush Medical College. He completed his family practice residency at Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, Ill.
- Aon Consulting, a unit of Aon Corp., Chicago, has hired Yves McGale to be chief administration officer for the U.S. retirement practice and Brian Clapp to be Philadelphia market leader.
McGale previously ran the West Zone retirement practice for Mercer, a unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc., New York.
McGale has a bachelor’s degree from Laval University in Quebec City, Quebec. He is an actuary.
Clapp previously was executive vice president of global product management for Right Management Inc., Philadelphia, a human resource consulting unit of Manpower Inc., Milwaukee.
Clapp has a bachelor’s degree in business from Bowling Green State University and a master’s degree in business from West Chester University of Pennsylvania.
Clapp serves on the board of the Economy League of Greater Philadelphia. He also is a member of the board of Outward Bound Philadelphia.
- Assist America Inc., Princeton, N.J., has named Abhijit Bhandari director of sales and marketing for Assist America Asia Ltd., the company’s affiliate in the Middle East.
Bhandari continues to hold the title of managing director of the company’s affiliate in India, Assist America Medical Emergency Services (Pvt.) Ltd.
Bhandari has an undergraduate degree in computer engineering from the Institute of Engineering and Technology, University of Rajasthan, and a master’s degree in business from the Thunderbird School of Global Management.