AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company has promoted Connie O’Brien to senior vice president of senior vice president of Internet strategy and development.
O’Brien previously was a vice president at AXA Equitable, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris.
O’Brien has a bachelor’s degree in English literature from the University of Michigan.
In other personnel news:
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired William Feldmaier to be managing director, institutional sales, in the Baltimore-Washington office of its retirement services division.
Feldmaier previously was senior vice president and national sales director of retirement services at Comerica Bank, a unit of Comerica Inc., Dallas.
- New York Life International L.L.C., a unit of New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has promoted Michael Burson to senior vice president of the Asia agency system.
Burson previously was a first vice president in New York Life’s agency in the United States.
Burson has a bachelor’s degree from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. He holds the Certified Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations.
New York Life International also has promoted Anne Weedon to vice president, multichannel distribution, for the Asia region, from associate vice president and head of wealth management in Asia.
The company has named Karen McIntosh to be vice president, product center of excellence, for Asia. She previously was an independent consultant.
- ULLICO Inc., Washington, has promoted Joseph Linehan to vice president, investments, from vice president, private capital and securities.
Linehan has a bachelor’s degree in economics and a master’s degree in business from the University of Maryland.
- National Western Life Insurance Company, Austin, Texas, has hired John Ptaszynski to be chief underwriter for the company’s domestic life insurance underwriting division.
Ptaszynski previously was chief underwriter for linked benefit products at Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va.
Ptaszynski has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Bradley University.
He holds the fellow of the Life Management Institute and the associate of the Academy of Life Underwriting professional designations.
- Habersham Funding L.L.C., Atlanta, has hired Bud Elsea to be managing director of training and development.
Elsea previously was the education director at the International Association for Financial Planning, Atlanta.
- Neighborhood Health Plan, Boston, has hired David Segal to be chief operating officer.
Segal previously was a senior vice president at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Wellesley, Mass.
Segal has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in management from Brandeis University.
- Renaissance Life & Health Insurance Company of America, Okemos, Mich., has hired Bud Gray to be vice president of business development for Renaissance Benefit Solutions.
Gray previously was regional vice president of sales for DirectComp RX Inc., Memphis, Tenn.
Gray has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in business from the University of Georgia.
- Humana Inc., Louisville, Ky., has named Oraida Roman president of Medicare operations for Humana in Nevada.
Roman previously was director of medical service organization support and provider contracting for Humana’s Central Florida market.
Roman has a bachelor’s degree from Florida State University and a master’s degree in health administration from the University of South Florida.
- AIG American General, Houston, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York, has hired John Rafferty to be vice president of marketing at AIG American General’s annuity profit center.
Rafferty has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Colby College and a master’s degree in public policy and economics from Trinity College.
- Puritan Financial Companies, Addison, Texas, has named Sam Thomas president of the Puritan Financial Group life insurance agency subsidiary.
- Lockton Companies L.L.C., Kansas City, Mo., has hired Matthew Kaiser to be director of technology and outsourcing solutions.
Kaiser previously was director of CBIZ Solutions, Leawood, Kan., a unit of CBIZ Inc., Cleveland.
Kaiser has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in business from the University of Missouri.