Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America has hired Maureen Phillips to be chief council.
Phillips previously worked for Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis, according to Allianz Life, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany.
Phillips has a bachelor’s degree from Macalester College and a law degree from the University of Southern California.
In other personnel news:
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has promoted Timothy Bischof to vice president, enterprise risk management, and Tricia Borcherding to vice president, internal audit.
Bischof previously was senior director, corporate actuarial, and Borcherding was director, internal audit.
- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Omaha, Neb., has promoted David Ahrendt to senior vice president of the retirement plans division.
Ahrendt previously was a vice president at the division.
Ahrendt has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Ohio University and a law degree from Capital Law School.
- Summit Reinsurance Services Inc., Fort Wayne, Ind., has hired Faith Johnston to be a regional vice president, sales, working in the company’s Golden, Colo., office.
Johnston will sell catastrophic medical excess programs to health plans.
- New York Life International L.L.C., a unit of New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has named Anthony Mak to be president of New York Life Insurance Worldwide Ltd., Hong Kong.
Mak, who has been the unit’s interim president, previously was chief marketing officer at the unit.
Mak holds the Chartered Insurance Agency Manager professional designation.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has hired Brian Birmingham to be vice president and chief marketing officer for corporate markets.
Birmingham previously was vice president, institutional market strategy, for the institutional retirement income group at Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va.
Birmingham has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Boston University and a master’s degree in business administration from Rutgers University. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation.