Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America has hired Maureen Phillips to be chief council.
Phillips previously worked for Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis, according to Allianz Life, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany.
Phillips has a bachelor’s degree from Macalester College and a law degree from the University of Southern California.
In other personnel news:
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has promoted Timothy Bischof to vice president, enterprise risk management, and Tricia Borcherding to vice president, internal audit.
Bischof previously was senior director, corporate actuarial, and Borcherding was director, internal audit.
- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Omaha, Neb., has promoted David Ahrendt to senior vice president of the retirement plans division.
Ahrendt previously was a vice president at the division.
Ahrendt has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Ohio University and a law degree from Capital Law School.
- Summit Reinsurance Services Inc., Fort Wayne, Ind., has hired Faith Johnston to be a regional vice president, sales, working in the company’s Golden, Colo., office.
Johnston will sell catastrophic medical excess programs to health plans.
- New York Life International L.L.C., a unit of New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has named Anthony Mak to be president of New York Life Insurance Worldwide Ltd., Hong Kong.
Mak, who has been the unit’s interim president, previously was chief marketing officer at the unit.
Mak holds the Chartered Insurance Agency Manager professional designation.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has hired Brian Birmingham to be vice president and chief marketing officer for corporate markets.
Birmingham previously was vice president, institutional market strategy, for the institutional retirement income group at Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va.
Birmingham has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Boston University and a master’s degree in business administration from Rutgers University. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation.
- AIG Advisor Group, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York, has hired Noah Sorkin to be senior vice president and general counsel.
Sorkin has a bachelor’s degree from Connecticut College, a law degree from George Washington University, and a master of laws degree in taxation from New York University.
- Watson Wyatt Worldwide, Washington, has promoted Jim Shaddy to director of retirement consulting services in North America.
Shaddy has been the central division retirement practice leader at Watson Wyatt.
- Connecture Inc., Atlanta, has hired Michael Mosier to be vice president of market strategy.
- Skywire Software L.L.C., Frisco, Texas, has promoted Ken Shapiro to vice president of strategic accounts for insurance, from regional vice president of sales.
Shapiro has a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Texas at Austin.
- AmWins Group Inc., Charlotte, N.C., has hired Donna Hargrove to be general counsel.
Hargrove previously was corporate in-house counsel for BB&T Insurance Services Inc., a unit of BB&T Corp., Winston-Salem, N.C.
Hargrove has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Tennessee and a law degree from the University of South Carolina.
- Lockton Companies L.L.C., Kansas City, Mo., has hired Rusty Lamb to be vice president, retirement services, in its Atlanta office.
Lamb previously was a retirement plan services vice president at New York Life.
Lamb has a bachelor’s degree in management from Georgia State University.
- HealthPass, New York, a nonprofit health insurance agency, has hired Alexander Garnett to be business development director.
Garnett previously was vice president of sales at Connecticare Inc., Farmington, Conn. He has a bachelor’s degree from Norwich University.
- MEDEX Global Group Inc., Baltimore, has hired Mike Roban to be vice president of sales.
Roban previously was vice president of sales and marketing for the Americas region at International S.O.S. Assistance Ltd., London.