The Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner has hired Vernon Stoner to be chief deputy.
Stoner succeeded Michael Watson, who has retired.
Stoner previously was deputy director for operations at the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries.
Stoner also has been city manager of Lacey, Wash.; Saginaw, Mich.; and Vancouver, Wash.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired John Kim to be an executive vice president and president of New York Life Investment Management L.L.C.
Kim succeeds Brian Murdock, “who has left the company,” New York Life says.
Kim previously was president of the Prudential Retirement arm of Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J.
Kim has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan and a master’s degree in business from the University of Connecticut. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation.
- The group insurance business at Prudential has promoted John DeLorenzo to senior vice president of sales and account management, and it has promoted Andrew Mako to senior vice president of products, marketing and strategic initiatives.
DeLorenzo previously was a regional sales vice president in the group insurance operation.
DeLorenzo has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Williams College.
Mako has been a senior vice president for long term care insurance at Prudential.
Mako has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Rutgers University and a master’s degree in business from Rutgers.
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, has hired Scott Dolfi to be executive vice president for retirement products and services.
Dolfi previously was chief operating officer at GE Asset Management, a unit of General Electric Co., Stamford, Conn.
Dolfi has a bachelor’s degree from Clarkson University and a master’s degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- AIG SunAmerica Retirement Markets Inc., Los Angeles, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York, has hired Greg Blackwell to be Western Division sales manager for the Polaris financial services division and Jon Taylor to be vice president and Western Division sales manager for the financial institutions division.
Blackwell previously was Eastern Division vice president at Ameriprise Financial Inc., Minneapolis.
Blackwell has a bachelor’s degree from Georgia State University.
Taylor previously was a division vice president at Transamerica Capital Inc., Denver, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague Netherlands.
Taylor has a bachelor’s degree in business from Penn State University.
- The Simsbury, Conn.-based group benefits division at Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. has promoted Laura Marzi to assistant vice president of marketing services in the group benefits division.
Marzi previously was group benefits marketing communications director.
Marzi has a bachelor’s degree from the University of New Hampshire and a master’s degree from the University of Hartford.
- AmeriHealth New Jersey, Mount Laurel, N.J., a unit of Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia, has promoted Darren West to senior director of finance.
West previously directed the company’s strategy management office.
West has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Messiah College and a master’s degree in business from Drexel University. He holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation.
- Deloitte L.L.P. has hired Phillip Harrington to be a Philadelphia-based director in the firm’s regulatory and capital markets consulting practice.
Harrington previously was the deputy chief compliance officer at Prudential and chief compliance officer for the company’s insurance division.