Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. has hired Connie Weaver to be senior vice president of marketing and communications.
Weaver previously was chief marketing officer at BearingPoint Inc., McLean, Va., a management and technology consulting company.
Weaver has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Maryland.
In other personnel news:
- The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Falls Church, Va., has hired Diane Powers to be vice president of professional development and education.
Powers has been the director of the American Institute of Banking, Washington, the professional education arm of the American Banker’s Association, Washington.
Powers has a bachelor’s degree in English from Saint Mary’s College at Notre Dame and has a master’s degree in business from George Washington University.
- Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J., has announced several high-level personnel changes.
Prudential has hired Gail Van Dalen to be vice president of marketing for the domestic individual life business at the Prudential Insurance Company of America unit.
Van Dalen previously was senior vice president of marketing and sales support at Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind.
Van Dalen has a bachelor’s degree in English from Albertus Magnus College and a master’s degree in business from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Prudential also has:
- Hired James Cornell to be senior vice president and chief marketing officer at the Prudential Retirement unit.
Cornell previously was senior vice president for institutional marketing at Fidelity Investments, Boston.
Cornell has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Hired Frank Waltman to be head of Prudential Retirement investment products team.
Waltman previously was head of product development and product management at Phoenix Investment Partners, a unit of Phoenix Companies Inc., Hartford.
Waltman has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Hofstra University and a master’s degree in business from Fordham University.
- Hired Arvind Rajan to be head of quantitative research and risk management at the fixed income management division. Rajan previously was co-head of U.S. fixed income strategy and the global head of structured credit research at the fixed income arm of Citigroup Inc., New York.
Rajan has a degree in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology and a doctorate in operations research from Northwestern University.
- Promoted Michael Lillard to chief investment officer at the fixed income management division, from senior investment officer for insurance portfolios, liability-driven investment and hedge strategies.
Lillard has a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a master’s degree in management from MIT. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation.
- Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia, has hired Cynthia King and Frank Armitage.
King is the head of product for the defined contribution and executive benefits operation in the Lincoln employer markets division.
King previously was a principal and client relationship manager in the Philadelphia office of Towers Perrin Inc.
King has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and statistics from the College of New Jersey. She is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and an enrolled actuary under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act.
Armitage is now the associate director of advisor recruitment for the Southeast territory for Lincoln’s Lincoln Financial Network retail sales and financial planning division.
Armitage, who will be based in Clearwater, Fla., will help another manager oversee planner recruitment in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
Armitage previously worked for Raymond James Financial Inc., St. Petersburg, Fla.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has hired Rebecca Ades to be vice president of institutional sales for corporate markets.
Ades previously ran global benefits business development for the defined contribution services operation at Hewitt Associates Inc., Lincolnshire, Ill., according to AXA Equitable.
Ades has a bachelor’s degree from Tufts University.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired William Keane to be a sales director for its retirement services division.
Keane will be responsible for the division’s Northeast region, which includes Westchester County, N.Y.; Long Island, N.Y.; and all boroughs of New York City other than Manhattan.
Keane previously was a regional director at the Newport Group Inc., Heathrow, Fla.
- USHEALTH Group Inc., Fort Worth Texas, has promoted Konrad Kober to executive vice president and chief administrative officer, from senior vice president,
Kober has a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of North Texas. He holds the Fellow of the Life Management Institute and Associate of Life and Health Claims professional designations.