Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. has hired Connie Weaver to be senior vice president of marketing and communications.
Weaver previously was chief marketing officer at BearingPoint Inc., McLean, Va., a management and technology consulting company.
Weaver has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Maryland.
In other personnel news:
- The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Falls Church, Va., has hired Diane Powers to be vice president of professional development and education.
Powers has been the director of the American Institute of Banking, Washington, the professional education arm of the American Banker’s Association, Washington.
Powers has a bachelor’s degree in English from Saint Mary’s College at Notre Dame and has a master’s degree in business from George Washington University.
- Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J., has announced several high-level personnel changes.
Prudential has hired Gail Van Dalen to be vice president of marketing for the domestic individual life business at the Prudential Insurance Company of America unit.
Van Dalen previously was senior vice president of marketing and sales support at Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind.
Van Dalen has a bachelor’s degree in English from Albertus Magnus College and a master’s degree in business from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Prudential also has:
- Hired James Cornell to be senior vice president and chief marketing officer at the Prudential Retirement unit.
Cornell previously was senior vice president for institutional marketing at Fidelity Investments, Boston.
Cornell has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Hired Frank Waltman to be head of Prudential Retirement investment products team.
Waltman previously was head of product development and product management at Phoenix Investment Partners, a unit of Phoenix Companies Inc., Hartford.
Waltman has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Hofstra University and a master’s degree in business from Fordham University.
- Hired Arvind Rajan to be head of quantitative research and risk management at the fixed income management division. Rajan previously was co-head of U.S. fixed income strategy and the global head of structured credit research at the fixed income arm of Citigroup Inc., New York.