- 59%: Percentage of seniors who rely on the help of a financial advisor.
- 41%: Percentage of unretired senior investors who say they will consult an advisor when they retire.
- Women are more likely than men to use the services of a financial advisor (72% vs. 56%).
- 51% of advisors report adjusting the asset allocation of their clients’ pre-retirement portfolios at least once a year; 26% report quarterly adjustments.
- 49% of advisors adjust their retired clients’ asset allocations annually, with another 22% doing so quarterly and 20% adjusting every couple of years.
- 73% of advisors report developing a comprehensive allocation for clients that includes all tax-deferred and taxable accounts.
Source: Eaton Vance Corp.