Kevin Cronin, executive director of the American Academy of Actuaries, will be retiring from full-time employment at the academy at the end of March 2008.
The AAA, Washington, has formed a search committee to replace Cronin, who has held his post since March 2005.
Cronin has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Massachusetts and a law degree from Northeastern University.
In other personnel news:
- Fiserv Inc., Brookfield, Wis., says Norm Balthasar, the company’s chief operating officer and a founder, will retire Dec. 31, after 23 years with the company.
Balthasar helped start Fiserv in 1984.
- The retirement services arm of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Hugh O’Toole to be a corporate vice president, Northeast division sales manager and national nonprofit market leader.
O’Toole previously worked for Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa.
MassMutual also has hired Sean Milligan to be a managing director for third-party distribution sales in the Midwest region and Nelson Bonner to be a managing director for third-party distribution sales in the Pacific Northwest territory.
The company has promoted Shefali Desai to vice president of sales operations, from Northeast division sales manager.
- The pharmacy management arm of CIGNA HealthCare, Bloomfield, Conn., a unit of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, has hired Sallie Sullivan to be vice president of sales.
Sullivan previously was vice president of sales at CuraScript Inc., Orlando, Fla.
Sullivan has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Missouri at St. Louis.
- AvMed Health Plans Inc., Miami, a unit of SantaFe HealthCare Inc., Gainesville, Fla., says Doug Cueny, the president of the company, will be retiring Dec. 31.
Michael Gallagher, president of SantaFe HealthCare, will take over day-to-day leadership of the company, AvMed says.
Edward Hannum, senior vice president of marketing at AvMed, will become the unit’s acting chief operating officer.
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has hired Clyde Passman to be senior director of sales technology.
Passman previously managed information technology for the research and development area of Pepsico Inc., Purchase, N.Y.
He has a bachelor’s degree from Eastern Illinois University and a master’s degree in business from Roosevelt University.